House Price Crash Forum

Puzzled About My Profile Details

Guest Absolutely Fabulous

HOLA441
Guest Mrs Bradley

I don't seem to be able to get my 'friends' on my profile page. All I have is a 'friends pending approval'page.

Any suggestions?huh.gif

Also my signature seems to appear in the " about me" section.

???

Addendum. Sorted the friends bit,unsure.gif but still stuck with my signature stuff in

" about me"

HOLA442
HOLA443

Quite a lot of stuff stopped working in the 'upgrade' for me.

My sig got messed up and I can't edit it... :angry:

Well to be frank - I can never take my eyes of you Avatar long enough to read your sig anyway

HOLA444
HOLA445

Also my signature seems to appear in the " about me" section.

What do you mean?

If I click on the "My settings" thing near the top right of a forum page then I get to a page which has something that looks like this at the top left:

15n4qbd.png

Edit: it comes up with the "Settings" bit active: you have to click on "Profile" to get to the page you see above.

Clicking on "Change Signature" seems to do the job. (This may look different from what you see because I've changed the skin to the one that looks like the old one; I've just checked with the new one as well, and it seems to do the same thing).

Edit again: I see that if you click on your username then you get to a page which has your profile on it and does indeed have your signature in a box that says "About me" (and which you can't edit). The "Settings" page is the place to go.

HOLA446
Guest Mrs Bradley

What do you mean?

If I click on the "My settings" thing near the top right of a forum page then I get to a page which has something that looks like this at the top left:

15n4qbd.png

Edit: it comes up with the "Settings" bit active: you have to click on "Profile" to get to the page you see above.

Clicking on "Change Signature" seems to do the job. (This may look different from what you see because I've changed the skin to the one that looks like the old one; I've just checked with the new one as well, and it seems to do the same thing).

Edit again: I see that if you click on your username then you get to a page which has your profile on it and does indeed have your signature in a box that says "About me" (and which you can't edit). The "Settings" page is the place to go.

I can change my sig. alright, but it appears in the 'About Me' section on my profile page. No body else's seems to.

PS the " my settings" does not come up with the same info. as you show. I have to dicker about a bit. Usually having go click on my " manage ignored users" section. THEN I can get into all that stuff.

HOLA447

I can change my sig. alright, but it appears in the 'About Me' section on my profile page. No body else's seems to.

It looks as if your signature goes in the "About me" bit as well. Choosing a user at ramdom, Juvenal's profile has both some stuff about him and his signature in the "About me" box.

PS the " my settings" does not come up with the same info. as you show. I have to dicker about a bit. Usually having go click on my " manage ignored users" section. THEN I can get into all that stuff.

That's odd. No idea what's going on there. Hold on while I ignore you for a minute ...

Nope, that didn't seem to make any difference at all. Usually I'm not ignoring anyone though.

HOLA448
Guest Mrs Bradley

This is what I get when I go into settings.

Change Email address

Change password

change displayname

manage notes

manage attachments.

HOLA449

Ohhh - all this time i'd assumed you had one of those codey geek-humour type sigs, but I couldn't be bothered to read it!

Actually, now I look at it you've got an interesting quote in there :) Shame the tags got screwed up.

HOLA4410
Guest happy?

Do you have a sig?

Archived