House Price Crash Forum

What's The Most Boring Thing You Can Imagine?

Guest Skinty

HOLA441
Guest Skinty

Filing must be it for me. It's not like stuffing envelopes, you actually need to be aware of what you're doing.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I had a temping job at uni. A consignment of light-bulbs intended for car headlights had been involved in a road accident; to ensure their functionality, the whole batch was recalled and I had the sorry task of testing each bulb to make sure they still worked. There were 40,000 of them. 2 didn't work. I got £3.10 per hour.

That wasn't too edgy was it?

HOLA448

I had a temping job at uni. A consignment of light-bulbs intended for car headlights had been involved in a road accident; to ensure their functionality, the whole batch was recalled and I had the sorry task of testing each bulb to make sure they still worked. There were 40,000 of them. 2 didn't work. I got £3.10 per hour.

That wasn't too edgy was it?

Still, at least it was light work...

HOLA449

brazil vs. portugal

or this sort of thing ...

2030092_f260.jpg

The Pathetic Sharks is a comic strip that features in the adult British comic Viz and has appeared on and off since the first editions. It features a number of Sharks that are vain and childish. Initially they are feared by the humans when they turn up but since they spend their time in petty arguments with each other over some trivial accomplishment or mind-numbingly boring and pathetic behaviour they are not feared for long and the humans soon realise they are Pathetic. Instead of hunting for prey, the Sharks hassle people on the beach for crisps, ice cream and toffee, apart for one of the sharks who claims to be "lactose intolerant".

Originally these strips were based around water, seeing as how they are sharks, but this now been extended to show them in various pursuits on the land such as attending Wimbledon.

The Pathetic Sharks

There are Five Pathetic Sharks although they don't all always appear in the strip

Rupert - is the largest Shark and has the most forceful personality and is thus the closest the Sharks have to a leader although the others would doubtless dispute this. He has a red bathing cap, a large lolling red tongue, red beach sandals and a red-and-white striped inflatable life-ring around his stomach.

Justin - he is slightly smaller than Rupert but has a large hammer sticking out of the top of his head, probably denoting he is Hammerhead Shark. Justin or Maryjane as he is know to his friends gained a "maneater" reputation after being seen out with many half naked "beauties" in the feature film Shark Attack in 1999.

Adrian - is the most conventional looking of the sharks as he has a complete set of teeth and an upright dorsal fin. He generally stays in a more normal sharkly horizontal position.

Timothy - he has buck teeth, a squint, a damaged looking bent dorsal fin. He frequently complains that he has to put up with innuendo about his sexual orientation. However in June 2008 he ended up marrying his long term partner, Fabio.

Henry - he has no teeth, which is unusual for a shark, and a long nose. He was recently killed by a vigilante star fish called Bob, but it is not sure whether this death will mean the end of his character.

2030173_f260.jpg

HOLA4410
Guest Skinty

Filing is one of the most tedious things you can ever do. Except one place that I worked for had a filing system that worked from right to left rather than left to right - made it a bit interesting - "extreme filing!!!!". I actually spent a whole afternoon sorting it out because it was just so wrong that it took people at least twice as long to find a file as it should. My three hours of fixing their system must have saved them month's worth of man hours since then - didn't stop them sacking me for not wanting to do an extra hour a day unpaid overtime though. I wish I'd left them with their disaster of a filing system.

That fiing system was probably carefully engineered by a previously disgruntled employee ... :)

HOLA4411
Guest anorthosite

Filing must be it for me. It's not like stuffing envelopes, you actually need to be aware of what you're doing.

I make filing fun by only doing it when I need to really fart. The filing room has no ventilation and the next person to go in gets it full in the face.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Everyone likes their own brand.

I can't really say that I "enjoy" mine...it doesn't help that it can strip paint..I should be in Glastonbury (sorry, Pilton) selling my bum gas at five quid a pop to the dope-heads..

Oh dear, another thread descending into chaos.. :o

HOLA4415
Guest anorthosite

I can't really say that I "enjoy" mine...it doesn't help that it can strip paint..I should be in Glastonbury (sorry, Pilton) selling my bum gas at five quid a pop to the dope-heads..

I'm jealous. Mine only kills a canary at 10 paces.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite

Two words are all that's required to put my bottom burps into context.

"Hans Blix"

Did he send you a sternly worded letter warning you not to fart again or else he'd send you another letter?

Just before you fed him to your sharks.

HOLA4419

Listening to Gorillaz on tonight's Glastonbury, closely followed by listening to the two dorks who commentate on the festival.

Hush now. Gorillaz is a well threw together, and thought of band of this era.

Damon alongwith the others have done themselves proud with this creation.

HOLA4420

I enjoy a good session of filing, sorry :)

As for the most boring thing, without a doubt it's not being busy at work. You know those very slow days? Some people seem to like them and kick back. Not me. I find the tedium unbearable. The thought that if there's no real work to do time would be better spent at home just won't get out of my head.

HOLA4421

Bring forth your boring jobs to me and I'II selflessly take them on these are all the sort of brain dead, monotonous and responsibility free jobs I find deliriously enjoyable.

On top of filing, stuffing envelopes (got a machine now so can't do this any more) and packing stuff in boxes, I love driving forklift trucks, delivery lorries and vans, switching my mobile off all day and just pretending it's my actual job.

This is only superseded by squashing empty cardboard boxes into the baling machine and my absolute all time favourite, putting labels on things with a price labelling gun all day long. Click swipe, click swipe, click swipe - pure joy.

Boredom, is industry events, seminars, talks etc. Although I can choose not to go to those. In actual fact, I'm fairly lucky, I don't think I'm ever really bored and can't really recall any prolonged periods of feeling bored or having to spend time doing anything much I didn't want to since I left school.

HOLA4422

Bring forth your boring jobs to me and I'II selflessly take them on these are all the sort of brain dead, monotonous and responsibility free jobs I find deliriously enjoyable.

On top of filing, stuffing envelopes (got a machine now so can't do this any more) and packing stuff in boxes, I love driving forklift trucks, delivery lorries and vans, switching my mobile off all day and just pretending it's my actual job.

This is only superseded by squashing empty cardboard boxes into the baling machine and my absolute all time favourite, putting labels on things with a price labelling gun all day long. Click swipe, click swipe, click swipe - pure joy.

Boredom, is industry events, seminars, talks etc. Although I can choose not to go to those. In actual fact, I'm fairly lucky, I don't think I'm ever really bored and can't really recall any prolonged periods of feeling bored or having to spend time doing anything much I didn't want to since I left school.

But do you do several different "mind numbing" jobs during a day, does that make it easier? If it was my sole job to lick 10000 stamps a day until the end of time, I think i'd cry (unless I changed sex & became a lesbian)...

HOLA4423

But do you do several different "mind numbing" jobs during a day, does that make it easier? If it was my sole job to lick 10000 stamps a day until the end of time, I think i'd cry (unless I changed sex & became a lesbian)...

Nah, I just choose to do them occasionally for a change, and to pass the itme, a bit like an old woman knitting. It's just the contrast to my normal, almost entirely, decision-making and resposibilty type work that makes it so appealing.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived