House Price Crash Forum

So What's Next Then Guys?

Rain'ard

HOLA441

I just read that the Government is going to raise the retirement age to seventy. This in my mind, and speaking as a much hated baby boomer, is a dammed cheek. We wouldn’t have stood for it. We used to go on strike and risk and losing livelihoods then and run the gauntlet of press condemnation, criticism from literally left right and centre. So what are you young guys going to do about it, or any in justice for matter? Fight to retain your rights like miners or sit and moan about it on a forum.

HOLA442

I just read that the Government is going to raise the retirement age to seventy. This in my mind, and speaking as a much hated baby boomer, is a dammed cheek. We wouldn’t have stood for it. We used to go on strike and risk and losing livelihoods then and run the gauntlet of press condemnation, criticism from literally left right and centre. So what are you young guys going to do about it, or any in justice for matter? Fight to retain your rights like miners or sit and moan about it on a forum.

Are you asking why those who will have to pay these pensions if they are kept at the existing age aren't fighting for them to carry on?

Really?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Noodle

Not sure people will even moan about it. Maybe a little grumble here and there.

I think the general consensus is the pensions thing is dead in the water anyway and even 70 is going to be a push.

Do any of us really think past next Wednesday? Really?

HOLA445

Are you asking why those who will have to pay these pensions if they are kept at the existing age aren't fighting for them to carry on?

Really?

No I don't just mean pensions I was lucky to work all my life(apart from the 49 years I was out on strike) So I pais in to keep my prevoius generation going, but I mean. All the shite that is comming your way. What are you going to to do it?

HOLA446

Again you are asking me to fight for YOUR benefit....I ask why and you can't provide a decent answer. Take up arms and an AK47 yourself if you want it, I'm not going to fight for you. This does not say I won't fight against you though.

HOLA447
Guest Skinty

All the shite that is comming your way. What are you going to to do it?

What am I going to do about peak-oil, peak-minerals, global warming and global pollution, growing resistance of bacteria to antibiotics, a fundamentally flawed monetary system that requires exponentially growing debt and a global population several times larger than the solar carrying capacity of the earth?

I'm going to buy a self sufficient small holding in the far north west highlands of Scotland and hide.

HOLA448

Again you are asking me to fight for YOUR benefit....I ask why and you can't provide a decent answer. Take up arms and an AK47 yourself if you want it, I'm not going to fight for you. This does not say I won't fight against you though.

No, no no, Ken You've got me wrong. I'm alright I've done my fighting.. Our generation was in Bagdad before you were in your Dads bag. Please I was try ing to set up a debate I have no personal agenda. When you get a sh**ty letter Ken you don't blame the envolope.

HOLA449

If he's a boomer I very much doubt the increase in retirement age will affect him; I'm guessing it's people in their late thirties and below this would hit as I'd presume it won't be applied to people in their 40's, 50's and over.

HOLA4410

If he's a boomer I very much doubt the increase in retirement age will affect him; I'm guessing it's people in their late thirties and below this would hit as I'd presume it won't be applied to people in their 40's, 50's and over.

ignore me, just read that it it will affect boomers

least of my worries right now tbh, far more pressing issues hitting us all imo

HOLA4411

Correct, I'm not affected, but I have great sympathy for those who are. I don't think it is fair that people should loose their right to retire at an age they can benfit all for thedebt bubble which is not of their making in respect of profession bankers . But I'm almost sure the only answer is some kind of legal active resistance

HOLA4412

No I don't just mean pensions I was lucky to work all my life(apart from the 49 years I was out on strike) So I pais in to keep my prevoius generation going, but I mean. All the shite that is comming your way. What are you going to to do it?

Nothing.

Think about why this is the genius move and why the current generation is the greatest ever.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Strange. Any raising of the retirement age to 70 plus looks like it wont happen for a good few years. Could this be because those making the decisions, are planning to make sure they are passed through the retirement gate before the next generation get stuffed ? If not, then why not just do it next year and be done with it....

HOLA4415

What am I going to do about peak-oil, peak-minerals, global warming and global pollution, growing resistance of bacteria to antibiotics, a fundamentally flawed monetary system that requires exponentially growing debt and a global population several times larger than the solar carrying capacity of the earth?

I'm going to buy a self sufficient small holding in the far north west highlands of Scotland and hide.

You Can

Join your favourite political party.

Join a trade union

join Greenpeace

Engage yourself on forums such as BMA, Pulse Newspaper blogs.

Encourage others and yourself to withdraw your investments in exploitive companies.

Try the Coop Bank

Remain a Bear

Defend your position to the global warming deniers if you don't agree with then.

There are loads of single issue organisations looking for volunteers and some paid workers.

Forgive me skint but I've got a suspicion youn will not go to your Scotish Island, but be the vitim of the future shower of S**t from the Shetlands

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

You Can

Join a trade union

join Greenpeace

Encourage others and yourself to withdraw your investments in exploitive companies.

Try the Coop Bank

Remain a Bear

Defend your position to the global warming deniers if you don't agree with then.

There are loads of single issue organisations looking for volunteers and some paid workers.

Forgive me skint but I've got a suspicion youn will not go to your Scotish Island, but be the vitim of the future shower of S**t from the Shetlands

none of those things work.

We know this because they have already been done and we are still ******ed.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest Skinty

Join a trade union

join Greenpeace

Try the Coop Bank

Remain a Bear

Doesn't change the fundamental nature of humans to consume and to breed. We are doomed by our very nature and by physical constraints that we have no control over.

The best we can hope for, and work towards, is that we start to make the transition to the post-industrial age earlier than we are before it is too late.

I'm not sure what you mean.

HOLA4420

none of those things work.

We know this because they have already been done and we are still ******ed.

Well that's a start isn't it. At least you have taken a big enough interest to find this out. If you have the where-with-all to recognise their faults maybe, if you wished you could set up something of your own which you can assure yourself wouldn't fail

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest Skinty

What does this mean?

As in, if we could only make use of the energy coming to the earth from the sun, whether that be tidal power, wind power, solar panels, growing and burning trees etc.

At the moment, oil and coal allows us to use up a geological store of solar energy and we're dependent on this.

HOLA4423

Doesn't change the fundamental nature of humans to consume and to breed. We are doomed by our very nature and by physical constraints that we have no control over.

The best we can hope for, and work towards, is that we start to make the transition to the post-industrial age earlier than we are before it is too late.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Agreed

My comment you didn't understand if everything is so hopeless how you going to get to your Scottish Ilse in essence

HOLA4424
Guest UK Debt Slave

I just read that the Government is going to raise the retirement age to seventy. This in my mind, and speaking as a much hated baby boomer, is a dammed cheek. We wouldnt have stood for it. We used to go on strike and risk and losing livelihoods then and run the gauntlet of press condemnation, criticism from literally left right and centre. So what are you young guys going to do about it, or any in justice for matter? Fight to retain your rights like miners or sit and moan about it on a forum.

If you want a decent pension, someone, somewhere has to create some wealth to pay for it

There is no wealth creation in the UK. We just shuffle around what wealth there is between ourselves and the rich end up with most of everything.

Ergo, there's no money to fund peoples' retirement.

The boomer generation funded their pensions by unwittingly and unknowingly stealing their own childrens' futures. That's why students graduate with 25K of debt and have no hope of owning a home. By contrast, their parents had grammar schools, free higher education AND free subsidence like housing benefit to pay their rents while at university, generous pensions, affordable housing, cheap energy, etc etc etc

Nobody ever asked where the wealth came from to pay for all this did they?

Injin is right incidently. Nobody will lift a finger to change anything because we are all in such denial about the gravity of our predicament.

HOLA4425
Guest Skinty

My comment you didn't understand if everything is so hopeless how you going to get to your Scottish Ilse in essence

Ah ok. Well I don't know if I will manage it, but at least I am trying before everyone else comes across the same idea.

Archived