England V Slovenia

Dubai

HOLA441
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

From the beeb.....Slovenia v England line-ups Slovenia: 1-Samir Handanovic; 2-Miso Brecko, 4-Marko Suler, 5-Bostjan Cesar, 13-Bojan Jokic; 10-Valter Birsa, 8-Robert Koren, 18-Aleksandar Radosavljevic, 17-Andraz Kirm; 9-Zlatan Ljubijankic, 11-Milivoje Novakovic.England: 1-David James; 2-Glen Johnson, 15-Matthew Upson, 6-John Terry, 3-Ashley Cole; 16-James Milner, 4-Steven Gerrard, 8-Frank Lampard, 14-Gareth Barry; 19-Jermain Defoe, 10-Wayne Rooney.Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)Oh no!! A German referee!!! :o

HOLA444
HOLA445

From the beeb.....Slovenia v England line-ups Slovenia: 1-Samir Handanovic; 2-Miso Brecko, 4-Marko Suler, 5-Bostjan Cesar, 13-Bojan Jokic; 10-Valter Birsa, 8-Robert Koren, 18-Aleksandar Radosavljevic, 17-Andraz Kirm; 9-Zlatan Ljubijankic, 11-Milivoje Novakovic.England: 1-David James; 2-Glen Johnson, 15-Matthew Upson, 6-John Terry, 3-Ashley Cole; 16-James Milner, 4-Steven Gerrard, 8-Frank Lampard, 14-Gareth Barry; 19-Jermain Defoe, 10-Wayne Rooney.Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)Oh no!! A German referee!!! :o

One word; 'Upson'.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I like Defoe as a player. Not sure how he will work with Rooney though. Or Gerrard or Lampard. Lots of players to get the ball, head down and run for goal. But where is the player to stick his foot on the ball, slow it down and send a perfect weighted past through a tiny gap ? Or flick a little chip over the top of the defence ?

I don't think England have one. If Slovenia set up right and get stuck in I think it could be very hard for England.

Just hope its a decent game. The last one was sleep inducing.

HOLA448

I like Defoe as a player. Not sure how he will work with Rooney though. Or Gerrard or Lampard. Lots of players to get the ball, head down and run for goal. But where is the player to stick his foot on the ball, slow it down and send a perfect weighted past through a tiny gap ? Or flick a little chip over the top of the defence ?

I don't think England have one. If Slovenia set up right and get stuck in I think it could be very hard for England.

Just hope its a decent game. The last one was sleep inducing.

To you; to me.

Sorry, this will keep me tickled for a looooong time.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Early days, but England seem to have a bit more passion this time.....

Quote, on the basis that last Friday was the absolute nadir of professional football, we're actually doing alright today.

I think the phrase i'm looking for is 'damning with faint praise'....

HOLA4417

Quote, on the basis that last Friday was the absolute nadir of professional football, we're actually doing alright today.

I think the phrase i'm looking for is 'damning with faint praise'....

They still need to practice keeping possession.....!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived