House Price Crash Forum

Mike Maloney Gold Prediction

HOLA441
HOLA442

Interesting Gold prediction video on Youtube

Any thoughts?

I have not heard this exact theory before. The suggestion that to cover all known credit and revolving credit (credit cards and Govt borrowing /printing) gold will NOW need to reach $15,000 per ounce, has not been said by anyone else has it?!! It is said that throughout history this has happened and he demonstrates it.

The big however is whether we are entering a deflationary period or an inflationary period - if the latter then his theory is more likely. Peter Schiff has said he expects gold to match the Dow at some point in the crisis afetr another crash we expect soon and pointed to a $2500 to $6000 price. This has happened also in the past.

My take on this is that I very strongly believe that Gold and Silver will explode in the next 12-18 months as this crisis unravels, BUT they may experience a fall along with everything else first if there is a big crash. After that, I am with this theory. Howver, I don't think they will fall nearly as far by % as the markets geberally before cash will come to prop them up big time. The USD will also rise very strongly at first as everything is sold and turned to cash then hard assets.

HOLA443

I have not heard this exact theory before. The suggestion that to cover all known credit and revolving credit (credit cards and Govt borrowing /printing) gold will NOW need to reach $15,000 per ounce, has not been said by anyone else has it?!! It is said that throughout history this has happened and he demonstrates it.

The big however is whether we are entering a deflationary period or an inflationary period - if the latter then his theory is more likely. Peter Schiff has said he expects gold to match the Dow at some point in the crisis afetr another crash we expect soon and pointed to a $2500 to $6000 price. This has happened also in the past.

My take on this is that I very strongly believe that Gold and Silver will explode in the next 12-18 months as this crisis unravels, BUT they may experience a fall along with everything else first if there is a big crash. After that, I am with this theory. Howver, I don't think they will fall nearly as far by % as the markets geberally before cash will come to prop them up big time. The USD will also rise very strongly at first as everything is sold and turned to cash then hard assets.

I heard a figure of $140,000 an ounce.

• 5 months later...
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Well, regardless of whether you're a gold bull or bear, do you think we will ever see $17 to £1 in our lifetimes? Or were you talking about a pound of gold?

I meant £ and that was exactly my point, no I do not ever expect to see that rate.

Makes $15,000 gold sound pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

Even if we did see $15,000 gold then it would be far more likely that sterling had depreciated at a similar rate which would make a loaf of bread something like £12.

I have been bullish on gold for several years but that doesn't mean that I have to dispense with reality. Gold at that price means disaster and if anyone really expects it then they should be buying food and goods, not pis5ing about with gold.

HOLA4413

I meant £ and that was exactly my point, no I do not ever expect to see that rate.

Makes $15,000 gold sound pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

Even if we did see $15,000 gold then it would be far more likely that sterling had depreciated at a similar rate which would make a loaf of bread something like £12.

I have been bullish on gold for several years but that doesn't mean that I have to dispense with reality. Gold at that price means disaster and if anyone really expects it then they should be buying food and goods, not pis5ing about with gold.

Yes. I now recall the other thread where we have also discussed gold. Your final statement is why I think >10% physical is risky behaviour and 20% is borderline mental health. There are other much more liquid ways to trade / invest in gold which complement a pure physical holding. If the world melts down then everything is done for anyway.

That being said, $15k gold, or say, £10-12k gold in itself is not the end of the world. 10x that would not be the end of the world. It is the rate that would be the better indication of when to get the TFH out. Or perhaps the riots outside.

HOLA4414

Yes. I now recall the other thread where we have also discussed gold. Your final statement is why I think >10% physical is risky behaviour and 20% is borderline mental health. There are other much more liquid ways to trade / invest in gold which complement a pure physical holding. If the world melts down then everything is done for anyway.

That being said, $15k gold, or say, £10-12k gold in itself is not the end of the world. 10x that would not be the end of the world. It is the rate that would be the better indication of when to get the TFH out. Or perhaps the riots outside.

That is where we differ, I think that 10% is quite conservative given the current climate. I have real mental health issues at around 30% :P

Timing is everything, as always, so I agree that $15k gold would not be the end of the world. If that happens before I am an old man then it would be no big deal, even if it happens over a decade or so then it may not be so bad. But it would be a disaster if it happened within a year or two. Fortunately, it just is not likely.

I said that we would be more likely to see $15k for a kilo but hadn't really thought about it. That figure would tie in with catflaps $500 gold expectations though. I do believe that figure to be far to low but fully expect gold to be hit hard when the markets heavily correct.

Why stay in gold if expecting a large correction? There is no where else to put your cash imo, gold and dollars seem to be about it.

HOLA4415

That is where we differ, I think that 10% is quite conservative given the current climate. I have real mental health issues at around 30% :P

Timing is everything, as always, so I agree that $15k gold would not be the end of the world. If that happens before I am an old man then it would be no big deal, even if it happens over a decade or so then it may not be so bad. But it would be a disaster if it happened within a year or two. Fortunately, it just is not likely.

I said that we would be more likely to see $15k for a kilo but hadn't really thought about it. That figure would tie in with catflaps $500 gold expectations though. I do believe that figure to be far to low but fully expect gold to be hit hard when the markets heavily correct.

Why stay in gold if expecting a large correction? There is no where else to put your cash imo, gold and dollars seem to be about it.

At one point I had around 40-45% in riding on gold and silver in various forms. But no more than 10% pure physical. I did not, and still do not, feel comfortable with hiding >10% physical. Storing gold isn't bad, but with the accompanying silver it becomes a bit of a problem. Whilst staying in gold will be OK, correction or not, I think there are things out there that will outperform even gold & silver, hence why my position has dropped to about 25%.

Keeping my physical <10% will help my PM portfolio to remain more liquid - I do not foresee cashing in my brits and sovs for years, hopefully decades. In fact, because it is a hedge, I hope it will never require cashing in.

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

HOLA4416

At one point I had around 40-45% in riding on gold and silver in various forms. But no more than 10% pure physical. I did not, and still do not, feel comfortable with hiding >10% physical. Storing gold isn't bad, but with the accompanying silver it becomes a bit of a problem. Whilst staying in gold will be OK, correction or not, I think there are things out there that will outperform even gold & silver, hence why my position has dropped to about 25%.

Keeping my physical <10% will help my PM portfolio to remain more liquid - I do not foresee cashing in my brits and sovs for years, hopefully decades. In fact, because it is a hedge, I hope it will never require cashing in.

ah, am with you now. You keep less than 10% in physical but may well have more exposure by other means. My 30% is not all physical, it is a total one way or another.

I have no doubt that many other things will outperform gold and silver but putting money into those things holds risks, besides which gold and silver is just easy for me and doesn't take price watching and report reading.

HOLA4417

$15,000 gold, do you have any idea what that would mean?

Try about $17 to the pound.

We may see $15,000 gold but it is far far more likely to be for a kilo than an ounce.

To call him an idiot is a bit of an insult IMO

When he says $15,000, he's pointing out of much Gold would need to rise in order to cover the amount of fiat paper.

If i'm correct, you have only 30% in PM related assets?...Yes you do have mental health issues!

You obviously don't understand Gold/Silver.

Silver was and probably still is one of most undervalued assets on the planet.

Good luck with that paper stuff...

HOLA4418

To call him an idiot is a bit of an insult IMO

When he says $15,000, he's pointing out of much Gold would need to rise in order to cover the amount of fiat paper.

If i'm correct, you have only 30% in PM related assets?...Yes you do have mental health issues!

You obviously don't understand Gold/Silver.

Silver was and probably still is one of most undervalued assets on the planet.

Good luck with that paper stuff...

He is an idiot.

I know that he was pointing out how much gold would have to rise but he has also hinted at it being a prediction in the past. Gold is not going to rise to meet the paper, gold now has little to do with paper and working from bubble tops is idiotic.

I understand gold and silver just fine.

I know all about silver, that's why I own more than my 6 year old weighs.

If I really believed that the brown stuff was about to hit the fan and paper become pointless then I would be buying food and goods. Only someone that really doesn't understand gold would be 100% without being fully prepared, I guess that means that at the very least you own your own place outright and have no debt?