House Price Crash Forum

Deluded Sellers

HOLA441

Pnawn Da HPC.

Having spoken to a few EAs over the past week, it seems sellers are still in stand-off phase, and the stand-off may even have worsened recently if I go along with what the EAs have said to me - they gave me several examples of sellers marching in and increasing property prices despite having secured very few viewings and no offers on their properties.

The IR decision will boost the confidence of these deluded sellers and may :angry: hold-off the crash for a bit. It's a crying shame. I'm just about to start lobbying the BoE again and so should fellow HPCs. The opposition have already started lobbying the MPC to make further cuts, so let's start applying pressure the other way. Any of you who are business people should stress that in your communications with them. I started off as a member of Joe Public, and the replies I received were poor, so I switched to using my business name and title and it's made a big difference.

Pob hwyl,

G

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA442

I'm afraid you are spot on there.

Apart from losing a few quid interest on my savings the only hpc outcome from today is that sellers will expect buyers to pay nearer their asking price - this will cause pain for the EAs as their turnover drops further and consternation amongst sellers who simply won't be able to understand why their 2 up 2 down isn't being deluged with offers above asking price

HOLA443
I'm just about to start lobbying the BoE again and so should fellow HPCs.

Gruff,

Can I suggest that there could be a possibility, quite remote, you may believe, that your 'lobbying' will be about as effective as a flea kicking an elephant's @rse. I think your 'lobbying' does more for your ego than for any useful purpose. For God's sake! Why the hell would they listen to you? Get real!

p

HOLA444

Shows how utterly clueless sellers are. Let's see, quarter of one percent interest rate cut. Wow that's huge!!!! Erm....on typical mortgage for our kind of house.....er.....about £15-£20 per month LESS. Now let's see.......per year that's....about £200 give or take fifty quid.

OK....in that case we'll put the price up from £297k to, say....£310k. That should match the cut in interest rates. After all...."I'm worth it!"

:lol:

VP

HOLA445
Shows how utterly clueless sellers are. Let's see, quarter of one percent interest rate cut. Wow that's huge!!!! Erm....on typical mortgage for our kind of house.....er.....about £15-£20 per month LESS. Now let's see.......per year that's....about £200 give or take fifty quid.

OK....in that case we'll put the price up from £297k to, say....£310k. That should match the cut in interest rates. After all...."I'm worth it!"

:lol:

VP

You joke, but that is what will happen.

HOLA446

I must be honest I was dreading today with all the hype from VI's about the miserly 0.25 cut. However it seems to have back fired on them from the various web sites and radio station accounts.

Most have portraid this as a desperate move in an economic nightmare. Infact economists on Heart radio were speculating rates rising again by the end of the year. The others quoted the miserly figure of £15 a month the average mortgage borrower would save.

Its quite obvious the move today was a psychological move. So far the news reports are not playing the VI's game. Wonder what the papers will run tomorrow?

HOLA447

I dread the papers tomorrow!

By the way, I hate lobbying Pat - if I enjoyed it, I'd work in Public Affairs like some of my school friends do. If lobbying isn't worth it, why do so many SMEs, corporates, and other organisations, spend so much time and money lobbying or employing lobbyists at Public Affairs consultancies? It's a question that deserves an answer!

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA448
I dread the papers tomorrow!

By the way, I hate lobbying Pat - if I enjoyed it, I'd work in Public Affairs like some of my school friends do. If lobbying isn't worth it, why do so many SMEs, corporates, and other organisations, spend so much time and money lobbying or employing lobbyists at Public Affairs consultancies? It's a question that deserves an answer!

I can't think of any reasons, whatsoever, why the members of the MPC would take note of the 'lobbying' of one individual - or, even, a large group of individuals. Surely, we wouldn't want them too, would we? They have their job to do and it's really of no interest to any of them what the opinions of non MPC members are.

I look forward to you letting this board know when your 'lobbying' has been a success - whatever you'd consider that to be. We'll want to see the proof, of course, of the cause and effect.

p

HOLA449
I can't think of any reasons, whatsoever, why the members of the MPC would take note of the 'lobbying' of one individual - or, even, a large group of individuals.  Surely, we wouldn't want them too, would we?  They have their job to do and it's really of no interest to any of them what the opinions of non MPC members are.

I look forward to you letting this board know when your 'lobbying' has been a success - whatever you'd consider that to be.  We'll want to see the proof, of course, of the cause and effect.

prat

HOLA4410

Having spoken to a few EAs over the past week, it seems sellers are still in stand-off phase, and the stand-off may even have worsened recently if I go along with what the EAs have said to me - they gave me several examples of sellers marching in and increasing property prices despite having secured very few viewings and no offers on their properties

High prices combined with high levels of stamp duty have and will choke the market transactions will fall. People spend a lot of money when they move, money that in most cases will not be released if a move is not made as funds are drawn from larger mortgages/cash back/sweeteners.

Could be an own goal by the BOE.

Edited by OnlyMe

HOLA4411

So his name really is Prat Primer :lol:

Ciao

Oh it's cause an effect ainit - e's on the try line an there's Gareth really shiftin in like in it ee nearly scored against Maerdy firsts ainit oh but there's a real goer bugger me!

Prat Primer on Rugby

Edited by Vivaldo