Illicit Encounters Website

bearwithasorehead

HOLA441
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

If you go on the ordinary dating sites there are vast numbers of profiles without photos. This is natural as some peopel are embarassed to be using a dating sites, others such as Doctors of those in Law need to keep their information private... but a surprising number of those profiles with photos are people who are married.

In my experience of dating websites those without public pictures 90% of the time tend to be ugly. 10% have a valid reason.

HOLA444

In my experience of dating websites those without public pictures 90% of the time tend to be ugly. 10% have a valid reason.

Now everyone is using them it can be embarrissing if the 'office' get to hear about it. I know an extremelly attractive woman who joined and hid her photo. People using these sites may tend to be more introvert anyway (hence why they can't meet people in real life) so are shy to have their picture up.

• 9 months later...
HOLA445

Well I searched for 'how to win against inflation' (I think) and this topic came up! Very interesting. Almost as interesting as the discussion on HPI. Are there any more stories?

I share your views abpout women being the fussy ones. Many women don't go for me because I am not 6ft, not stocky and just don't fit into that stereotype of tall dark handsome etc. I'm ok looking but its hindered me for years. Women really are the ones with the power these days.

HOLA446

Well I searched for 'how to win against inflation' (I think) and this topic came up! Very interesting. Almost as interesting as the discussion on HPI. Are there any more stories?

I share your views abpout women being the fussy ones. Many women don't go for me because I am not 6ft, not stocky and just don't fit into that stereotype of tall dark handsome etc. I'm ok looking but its hindered me for years. Women really are the ones with the power these days.

I am not certain about this! I think you find quite a few stunning women, successful, apparently funny and friendly... who just cannot find 'nice guys'. Of course this neglects that they have been bombarded by nice guys for most of their lives but chose the 'hottie' who turned out to be a prat. Now most of the nice guys are gone and those that are left are ignored because they are not also the hottie type!

So in summary... I think women lose out with being excessively shallow, in the long run.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I am not certain about this! I think you find quite a few stunning women, successful, apparently funny and friendly... who just cannot find 'nice guys'. Of course this neglects that they have been bombarded by nice guys for most of their lives but chose the 'hottie' who turned out to be a prat. Now most of the nice guys are gone and those that are left are ignored because they are not also the hottie type!

So in summary... I think women lose out with being excessively shallow, in the long run.

It is strange to me that despite this being a universally acknowledged fact amongst just under half the population, it comes as shocking news to the other half whenever someone puts it into best selling book form. That said, it strikes me that to most men 'romance' (as it were) is an individualistic thing, its nobodies business but your own and your partner. For women, it seems to be a social practice involving 30 or 40 of her closest friends. I'm sure this has implications. I have known some blokes hook up with women that were initially greeted with raised eyebrows by mates down the pub but then no more is said, I've never known a woman hook up with someone her friends and their friends and their friends and selected members of their extended families and their neighbours didn't approve of. Its not what they want, its what they can "sell" to an audience only slightly smaller than 'Britain's Got Talent' gets. And the more people you have to please with something, the shallower the assessment criteria get usually. Working theory anyway.

Archived