House Price Crash Forum

Trawlermen 8pm Bbc 1

juvenal

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
And they have it easy compared to the blokes on Deadliest catch.

Deadliest Catch is ace too. Some of em are quite hammy nowadays now they're all media stars , but worth watching just for the weather in the Bering Sea. Astonishing waves. I've never stopped being amazed at how people have to work in that weather.

Redmond O'Hanlon wrote a good book about it called Trawler if anyone's interested. He vividly sets out the weather, the sleep deprivation, the constant noise, and the stress of working on a boat.

HOLA444
Deadliest Catch is ace too. Some of em are quite hammy nowadays now they're all media stars , but worth watching just for the weather in the Bering Sea. Astonishing waves. I've never stopped being amazed at how people have to work in that weather.

I agree great programme the same as the Canadian ice -truckers well worth watching as well

HOLA445
HOLA446
It happens here. Scottish prawns go to Thailand to be shelled and packed, then come back here to be eaten. Incredible.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1813836.ece

Not just Scottish either...I know a lad from Bristol who got well and truly shelled in Thailand and then come back here with her and got eaten. He is OK now though.... I told him he is better off just sucking a Fishermans Friend.

Archived