House Price Crash Forum

Urban Farms

HOLA441
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Yawn - I see you are spouting your usual old chestnuts.

No one is proposing to turn over commercial farm land for small holdings. This is about making better use of urban and suburban amenity and derelict land that cannot be farmed commercially but is viable for horticultural enterprises by the resident population.

People who work full time in this country do not have the spare time or energy to do this sort of thing.

And the people who don't work are too overweight, unfit or lazy.

Attempting to compel such people to participate in such schemes would cost billions of pounds we don't have so no one is EVER going to try and do this.

If you enjoy having pointless discussions about things that are never going to happen then be my guest.

I live in the REAL World.

:blink:

HOLA443
People who work full time in this country do not have the spare time or energy to do this sort of thing.

And the people who don't work are too overweight, unfit or lazy.

Attempting to compel such people to participate in such schemes would cost billions of pounds we don't have so no one is EVER going to try and do this.

If you enjoy having pointless discussions about things that are never going to happen then be my guest.

I live in the REAL World.

:blink:

Quite. But then we were talking about making lazy fukkers like you who scrouge off the benefits system (as you have previously admitted) work :lol:

HOLA444
Quite. But then we were talking about making lazy fukkers like you who scrouge off the benefits system (as you have previously admitted) work :lol:

The reason I 'jumped ship' was because I was sick and tired of working my ass off just to keep millions of 'lazy fukkers' in lives of stress free leisure.

I have plenty of ideas that would get probably 90% of the 7 million people who currently don't work off benefits, but no one has the balls to implement them.

All we get are half ars*d, woolly minded liberal ideas like this one that don't merit even a seconds serious consideration.

:rolleyes:

HOLA445
:lol: I didn't know Cambridgeshire had ANY hills. lol

Won't most of it disappear along with Lincolnshire as part of global warming?

lol - so it will....

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=52.2110,0.03...mp;z=9&m=14

Might need to be a fish farm around Cambridge.

west and south of Cambridge is nice rolling chalk hills. Infact a 14 metre rise would give me a nice sea view and I would still be 20 above sea level :P

HOLA446
HOLA447
I am watching The Future of Food and surely this idea that Cuba has for urban farms must be a good idea here. We can use urban areas or land that farmers have made fallow under EC set aside laws (they should still get paid by the EC if the benefits people farm it).

So if people are on benefits then they need to work on urban farms for the good of the community.

Any comments?

This just adds more confusion to the problem.

If working others peoples land was an ideal solution then our economy would be in great shape. This system has just wrecked things thoroughly though for the next generation or two.

HOLA448
The reason I 'jumped ship' was because I was sick and tired of working my ass off just to keep millions of 'lazy fukkers' in lives of stress free leisure.

I have plenty of ideas that would get probably 90% of the 7 million people who currently don't work off benefits, but no one has the balls to implement them.

All we get are half ars*d, woolly minded liberal ideas like this one that don't merit even a seconds serious consideration.

:rolleyes:

Oh go on, do tell.

HOLA449
:lol: I didn't know Cambridgeshire had ANY hills. lol

Won't most of it disappear along with Lincolnshire as part of global warming?

lol - so it will....

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=52.2110,0.03...mp;z=9&m=14

Might need to be a fish farm around Cambridge.

Thanks for the map, fortunately I'm in the chalk hills (or mountains as we like to call them) south of Cambridge.

It will save me the long drive to Southwold when I fancy a paddle.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411