House Price Crash Forum

Guilty Pleasures

uptherebels

HOLA441
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
(stands up).......my name is uptherams, and I like Rio by Duran Duran . Sorry, but it's just such a great Bass line. (sits down)

<coughs, looks away,....... long nervous silence......as if someone had just confesed to being a crazy spank monkey at a CofE prayer circle>

Anyway.......

Who likes You Spin Me Right Round by Dead or Alive? Or Video Killed The Radio Star by Buggles?

HOLA443
(stands up).......my name is uptherams, and I like Rio by Duran Duran . Sorry, but it's just such a great Bass line. (sits down)

..............Suddenly the room goes quiet.....you can hear a pin drop......the temperature seems to have dropped by 3 degrees.............. an awkward cough........a stiffled laugh............

Uptherams smiles and giggles nervously.........Only joking.....corse I don't really....joke geddit?

One by one the group stand up, pick up their chairs and move to the other side of the room. ;)

HOLA444
<coughs, looks away,....... long nervous silence......as if someone had just confesed to being a crazy spank monkey at a CofE prayer circle>

Anyway.......

Who likes You Spin Me Right Round by Dead or Alive? Or Video Killed The Radio Star by Buggles?

Beat me to it General. I salute you!

ANd those two songs would probably count as guilty pleasures for me too.

King Love and Pride....in the same mould:

HOLA445
Yes, but it is seldom the sort of stuff you play at high volume and expect to impress the neighbours, is it? ;)

Right, however the "gods of metal" will be filled with great wrath at your desire to please those who do not understand "the metal".

Now you must go and recite the lyrics of "Stormbringer" to your wife 6 times in a very loud voice to appease them!

Thus all shall be well with thee.

HOLA446

[quote name=MOP' date='Aug 27 2009, 04:20 PM' post='2106259'}

Now you must go and recite the lyrics of "Stormbringer" to your wife 6 times in a very loud voice to appease them!

Stormbringer coming! TIME TO DIE!

Anyway, Everybody wants to rule the world. My first post-leaving-home musical memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughqjbzx2Fk

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest theboltonfury
Mike Oldfield... one of my guilty pleasures.

A very interesting man, and worth reading about.

How could I forget my main guilty pleasure. In fact, I'm not guilty about it at all, I think she's great. Sheryl Crow. Really nice music.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
..............Suddenly the room goes quiet.....you can hear a pin drop......the temperature seems to have dropped by 3 degrees.............. an awkward cough........a stiffled laugh............

Uptherams smiles and giggles nervously.........Only joking.....corse I don't really....joke geddit?

One by one the group stand up, pick up their chairs and move to the other side of the room. ;)

:(

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Nobody here will be able to listen to this and think "I like that".

Poor old John Frusciante when he was completely hung out on heroin. It's really special (to me):

:huh:

Fu*k me that's a bit "odd" that. I like Frusciante but that's verging on scary that.

How did he even get this past the record company I wonder?

HOLA4419
Guest theboltonfury
:huh:

Fu*k me that's a bit "odd" that. I like Frusciante but that's verging on scary that.

How did he even get this past the record company I wonder?

That is the worst piece of music I've ever heard.

Archived