House Price Crash Forum

Gaddifa Thanks Gordon Brown

Mega

HOLA441
HOLA442

He either should have never gone to prison or should still be in prison. You dont release convicted mass murderers on compassionate grounds.

This will disgrace Scotland for years to come, and just shows why they cant be trusted as a truly sovereign nation. Today they are the laughing stock of the world.

An undemocratic, unaccountable, terrorist appeasing pseudo-government lacking in any kind of integrity.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Option 1 - Brown has grown a set and stood up to the Americans to do the right thing

Option 2 - A very embarrassing court case has been avoided for the US and UK and Mandy has managed to make a few quid on the side just to make it look vaguely like realistic labour seediness.

Try as I might I cant see Brown doing this without behind the scenes US approval

HOLA445
HOLA446

But his release served the purpose of not letting the appeal come to court.

"Nearly two decades after Pan Am flight 103 exploded over Scotland on 21 December, 1988, allegations of international political intrigue and shoddy investigative work are being levelled at the British government, the FBI and the Scottish police as one of the crucial witnesses, Swiss engineer Ulrich Lumpert, has apparently confessed that he lied about the origins of a crucial ‘timer’ - evidence that helped tie the man convicted of the bombing to the crime....

....He is currently serving his sentence in Greenock prison, but later this month the Scottish Court of Appeal is expected to hear Megrahi’s case, after the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission ruled in June that there was enough evidence to suggest a miscarriage of justice. Lumpert’s confession, which was given to police in his home city of Zurich last week, will strengthen Megrahi’s appeal."

http://rinf.com/alt-news/war-terrorism/vit...ered-with/1153/

HOLA447
But his release served the purpose of not letting the appeal come to court.

Indeed, all very convenient. I suspect that some people are relieved that his illness made this possible, and put him in a position where accepting compassionate release was his only practical option. Previously, I believe the intent of him and his defence team was to continue the appeal beyond his death. Who knows what skeletons might have come rattling out of the closet.

HOLA448
Indeed, all very convenient. I suspect that some people are relieved that his illness made this possible, and put him in a position where accepting compassionate release was his only practical option. Previously, I believe the intent of him and his defence team was to continue the appeal beyond his death. Who knows what skeletons might have come rattling out of the closet.

One might even suspect in a hill walking kind of way that the sudden arrival of a terminal illness and imminent arrival of his appeal hearing might be somehow linked and that compassion only featured when it became apparent that due to a twist in Scottish law the appeal would carry on despite the appellants death

HOLA449
HOLA4410
He either should have never gone to prison or should still be in prison. You dont release convicted mass murderers on compassionate grounds.

This will disgrace Scotland for years to come, and just shows why they cant be trusted as a truly sovereign nation. Today they are the laughing stock of the world.

An undemocratic, unaccountable, terrorist appeasing pseudo-government lacking in any kind of integrity.

But if Mandy and Gordo are responsible, as the OP states, it was nothing to do with the Scots.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest KingCharles1st

This really is a win win situation for the labour scum.

I am sure more than ever that this has so many facets to it, that only an arch manipulator could have dreamed it up.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Archived