House Price Crash Forum

Southsea

Guest happy?

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest skullingtonjoe

Errmmm... you really do not want to live there. As well as having some rather chavvy-looking residents, it`s built on reclaimed (decontaminated) land. I`d give you £20k for it tops.

The only good thing is that it`s in Eastney, which is far enough from the main part of Portsmouth to make it partially `desirable` (after all, let us not forget that Portsmouth is a sh1thole) ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
I live across the water from Portsmouth and although there are some nice areas every where, I wouldn't go near these for obvious reasons!

Portsmouth has some 'orrible areas. Come the depression, I expect large areas of Pompey to become un Policeable (if that's a word!)

When you say you live across the water - in which direction? Hayling, Gosport, Portchester or the Isle of Fright? Not particularly convinced about any of them being particularly nice areas ;) (although they all have nice(ish) parts granted)

HOLA445
Guest skullingtonjoe
I live across the water from Portsmouth and although there are some nice areas every where, I wouldn't go near these for obvious reasons!

Portsmouth has some 'orrible areas. Come the depression, I expect large areas of Pompey to become un Policeable (if that's a word!)

Portsmouth would be a joke if it wasn`t so sad. Until Boris Johnson started whiing about his salary, I thought he was a top bloke for daring to speak the truth about the `Jewel of the South` :rolleyes:

Good place for testing a >1 megaton nuke though. On a related matter: do you think those forts in the Solent would survive the blast (they look pretty hefty). :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
Portsmouth would be a joke if it wasn`t so sad. Until Boris Johnson started whiing about his salary, I thought he was a top bloke for daring to speak the truth about the `Jewel of the South` :rolleyes:

Good place for testing a >1 megaton nuke though. On a related matter: do you think those forts in the Solent would survive the blast (they look pretty hefty). :rolleyes:

Problem with nukes is the radiation. If you could get rid of all the people, all the buildings and start again it could be improved somewhat. Large nukes would mean the land is not usable for a loooong time.

As for finding out how nice an area is - stick a car insurance quote thru on any websites, but say you're keeping the car on the street in the area of interest. The price (or inability to provide a quote) should tell you all you need to know. Needless to say the whole of Portsmouth is quite expensive even when compared to the sattalites only 5-10 miles out.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest theboltonfury

Had 3 great years in Pompey, 2 in Southsea. The less said about the one in North End the better - it's rough.

The 3rd year in Southsea was with a BTL landlord who also owned the Akash on Albert Road. THe house had no sofa when we (students) moved in. Instead it had, and this is true, 3 of those curry benches from his restaurant. We complained to him. He agreed we should have a sofa, but instead of buying us a cheap one, he made us come to his house and let us take the one from his lounge!!! Tight, tight sod, considering he had £300 a week coming in, back in 1997.

HOLA4410
The 3rd year in Southsea was with a BTL landlord who also owned the Akash on Albert Road. THe house had no sofa when we (students) moved in. Instead it had, and this is true, 3 of those curry benches from his restaurant.

:lol:

Students would not stand for that these days.

HOLA4411

:D

I think the Portsmouth Council big wigs only let the Spinnaker Tower get built so they can hide in it when it all goes t!ts up.

When they start rearming the Portsdown forts on the hills overlooking Portsmouth, we will know the game is up :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsdown_Hill

I'll pass on 'Fort Cumbernauld'

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4412

Don't know, but I'm sure the forts, represent a "prime residential investment" for a lucky somebody!

I usually drive past this area at high speed on the way to the ferry port.

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

HOLA4413
Guest theboltonfury
:lol:

Students would not stand for that these days.

I know. Straight on to their Iphones and ordering a plush corner sofa on 156 years interest free from DFS.

When I were a student, we were still eating Christmas cake to sustain life - in October.

HOLA4414
Errmmm... you really do not want to live there. As well as having some rather chavvy-looking residents, it`s built on reclaimed (decontaminated) land. I`d give you £20k for it tops.

The only good thing is that it`s in Eastney, which is far enough from the main part of Portsmouth to make it partially `desirable` (after all, let us not forget that Portsmouth is a sh1thole) ;)

I thought Eastney was one of the worse parts.

BICBW

tim

HOLA4415
Don't know, but I'm sure the forts, represent a "prime residential investment" for a lucky somebody!

I usually drive past this area at high speed on the way to the ferry port.

Nomansland Fort Crashed From £5m To £1m, The crash of 1988

an old hpc fave

Edit:

The property was eventually sold by KPMG, who repossessed the fort from Mr Pooni, for £910,000 in March 2009. [7]

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4416
Guest skullingtonjoe
The only part of Portsmouth that was a shithole, was the part you graced your presence with!

I take it you are a Portsmouth resident then, young man :P

HOLA4417
Guest skullingtonjoe
Had 3 great years in Pompey, 2 in Southsea. The less said about the one in North End the better - it's rough.

The 3rd year in Southsea was with a BTL landlord who also owned the Akash on Albert Road. THe house had no sofa when we (students) moved in. Instead it had, and this is true, 3 of those curry benches from his restaurant. We complained to him. He agreed we should have a sofa, but instead of buying us a cheap one, he made us come to his house and let us take the one from his lounge!!! Tight, tight sod, considering he had £300 a week coming in, back in 1997.

What`s the Akash curry house like? Never been there (Bombay Express is pretty good though). I take it that `doing a runner` (from his restaurant or indeed rented house), never came into your mind. ;)

HOLA4418
Guest skullingtonjoe
:D

I think the Portsmouth Council big wigs only let the Spinnaker Tower get built so they can hide in it when it all goes t!ts up.

Apparently quite a bit of dosh made its way into erstwhile council leader Leo Madden`s pocket. <_<