House Price Crash Forum

Are You All Interested In The Backpacker Lost For Weeks In Australia Story?

loginandtonic

HOLA441
HOLA442
i am planning to go hiking in dagenham this summer, if i get lost near dagenham heathway i shall survive on scraps of kebab and white socks, my story shall then be for sale naturally.

I dont reckon much on your chances: You'd be safer playing lotto with poisonous fruit and veg and ridiculous venomous arachnids in the outback.....

HOLA443
Discussed this with an aussie friend today who is from the general area and reckons that 12 days is survivable but not easily, obviously. It's a rain forest so water isn't a problem and you can go a long time without food.

Personally, the kid comes over as a right weirdo and I'd love to see it exposed as a hoax.

Apparently, the cops want to re-interview him over it.

Ahhhhh! That's better news...

HOLA444

Father and son are fighting over money now:

I have been robbed by my son: 'Back from the dead' backpacker's father tells of money feud

When a British backpacker lost in the Outback miraculously came back from the dead, he was reunited with his father amid jubilant scenes. So why, just one week later, does Richard Cass now say in this exclusive interview that the pair are locked in a feud over money?

Jamie and his father are no longer speaking, it has emerged. The two men are tangled in a quarrel so rancorous, it has torn the family apart. And the issue dividing them with such bitterness is money.

Today, in an interview with The Mail on Sunday, Mr Cass accuses his son of stealing thousands from him after Jamie refused to share the £50,000 proceeds from an interview on Australian TV.

Mr Cass, a special-needs teacher, has been back at his home – a modest former council house in Watford, Hertfordshire – since last week. Jamie remains in Australia, still not well enough to fly. When he returns to Britain in six to eight weeks’ time, there is little chance of an emotional reunion.

Speaking with the same straightforward manner that characterised his appearances on television, Mr Cass, 54, says: ‘I feel I have been robbed by my own son. I was so glad when he was found but it’s gone from being such a feelgood thing to being murderously nasty. The son I found isn’t the son I went out to look for.

HOLA445
i am planning to go hiking in dagenham this summer, if i get lost near dagenham heathway i shall survive on scraps of kebab and white socks, my story shall then be for sale naturally.

No untrained person has survived Dagenham for longer than a few days.

It's a dangerous place!

HOLA446

Archived