House Price Crash Forum

Hundreds Of Banks To Fail In The Us Over The Next 2 Years

HOLA441

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31853758

I assume the losses of 30c for every dollar on these failed banks' assets relate to the 30% negative equity option-ARM resets everyone is predicting for 2010-2012.

Nice.

This second half of this collapse is turning out to be more like something on the scale of the savings and loans crisis when 1000 banks went under.

And we all know what happened after that - just the whiff of deflation in 2K set off a credit binge that trippled the money supply.

Looks like this has a while to go yet - ending with another exponential credit growth period beginning around 2015 I reckon.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Eye of the storm...

In strong tropical cyclones, the eye is characterized by light winds and clear skies

So that explains how the 'Green Shoots' were forming.

2009 really has been the eye of the storm if the U.S mortgage reset rate graph is anything to go by.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
If this happens, Obama can kiss his re-election bye bye.

once the US is in the eye of the storm in a couple of years i think the next election will be the last thing on his mind, Id only give him odds of 10 to 1 of making it to the next election without being taken out but a very upset prole

HOLA448
HOLA449
Thats a yes!, exactly what I thought last year, priming her for the role :huh:

Palin will never be presidential material.

The notorious phrase "You can't put lipstick on a pig" sums it up. The woman is a tool. If the Republicans are mad enough to nominate her as Presidential candidate next time round, they'll be on about 25% of the vote. Any normal, sane person will run a mile at the thought of her being President of the USA.