House Price Crash Forum

Weathermen And Women

Guest X-QUORK

HOLA441
Guest X-QUORK

I have a slightly irrational hatred of Rob Mcelwee, his mildly condescending manner makes feel a bit angry just before going to bed...just don't need that crap late at night.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Radio weather forcasts are usually rubbish, you want to know if it's going to rain today and they give you a lecture about the possible weather patterns over the next two weeks so that by the time they've finished you've lost interest and don't know whether it will rain today or not.

I would struggle to name a TV forceaster since Isobel Lang stopped doing it, I just look at the maps and ignore what they're spouting on about.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest anorthosite

And lets not forget BBC Scotland's Heather "scattered showers that may fall on high ground my ar$e" Reid

scotland_weather_1999a.jpg

HOLA447
And lets not forget BBC Scotland's Heather "scattered showers that may fall on high ground my ar$e" Reid

scotland_weather_1999a.jpg

I have heard numeorus stories about her antics at Uni. Let's say that - according to a large number of sources - she is not shy. :lol:

HOLA448
Guest anorthosite
I have heard numeorus stories about her antics at Uni. Let's say that - according to a large number of sources - she is not shy. :lol:

She once forecast the above mentioned "scattered showers that may fall on high ground as snow" and I found myself in a blizzard for 3 hours on a mountain in May.

She's a witch. Burn her :angry:

HOLA449
Guest anorthosite

Please tell me more though :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Please tell me more though :)

Couldn't do that - public forum and all !!

Suffice to say she apparently had a lot of fun with a lot of different people. Doing what I couldn't say of course. I am sure you can work it out. A few clues - it was not playing chess and it was not archery.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest anorthosite
I like this guy. He gives the impression of being completely demented (look at his hand).

_45338377_-4.jpg

He is demented. There's no doubt about it. He clearly wants be a journalist covering war zones or burning orphanages or something, but instead he takes his pleasure in extreme weather forecasting.

HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK
I like this guy. He gives the impression of being completely demented (look at his hand).

_45338377_-4.jpg

There's something of the 1940s about Daniel Corbett, the way he talks is straight from a Chumley-Warner Public Information reel.

HOLA4415
He is demented. There's no doubt about it. He clearly wants be a journalist covering war zones or burning orphanages or something, but instead he takes his pleasure in extreme weather forecasting.
There's something of the 1940s about Daniel Corbett, the way he talks is straight from a Chumley-Warner Public Information reel.

I think he may be a vampire. He always cheers me up though.

HOLA4416
Guest Skinty
Couldn't do that - public forum and all !!

Suffice to say she apparently had a lot of fun with a lot of different people. Doing what I couldn't say of course. I am sure you can work it out. A few clues - it was not playing chess and it was not archery.

Go? Scrabble? Backgammon?

Monopoly????

Surely not Monopoly?

Ah! It was Twister.

HOLA4417
Guest Skinty

I knew journalists were a bad bunch, but surely they don't burn down orphanages ... ?

HOLA4418
Guest skullingtonjoe
I have a slightly irrational hatred of Rob Mcelwee, his mildly condescending manner makes feel a bit angry just before going to bed...just don't need that crap late at night.

I can relate to that - there`s always something on the TV that does my head in - it just slams the futility and emptiness of modern life into my face without any scope for respite. I mean, the whole `strictly come dancing` thing was sh1t as was `I`m a celebrity...` and the `X craptor`. The weather report is just the tip of the iceberg. Having said that Channel 5 does some shapely `hoes` to watch, but other than that the box is just damn oppressive.

Has anyone actually attacked their TV? I had a bit of an `episode` when the Lynx `

` ad came and gave it a boot (I have Borderline Personality Disorder and `going off on one` is quite frequent unfortunately.)

I swear adverts are designed to wind people up. I know I should just switch off my TV and do something more interesting instead, but there`s only so much `meaningful distraction time` a guy can do! <_< Thank God for UFO and Space 1999. ;)

HOLA4419
Guest X-QUORK
I swear adverts are designed to wind people up.

I avoid TV channels with adverts, the programs they show are generally intended for the ahem less intellectually demanding members of society anyway.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Skinty
I heard it was cheesefumbling.

Particularly difficult when hampered by a heavy sock, say a footballer's sock, and the cheese is quite soft ... like camembert for example.

HOLA4424
Guest anorthosite
Particularly difficult when hampered by a heavy sock, say a footballer's sock, and the cheese is quite soft ... like camembert for example.

Are we talking about Anthea Turner, Grant Bovey and Imagine homes again?

HOLA4425
Guest skullingtonjoe
I avoid TV channels with adverts, the programs they show are generally intended for the ahem less intellectually demanding members of society anyway.

Seen.

But why the hell should I have to watch crappy adverts that interrupt my enjoyment of Space 1999 / UFO?

Yes, I know that the commercial channels require funding and so on, so they need to advertise in order to exist (or so the theory goes), but could they not at least advertise more useful products?

1. Lynx will not get the sluts hanging onto you. If you are a sad ugly git, you will just be a sad ugly git that uses Lynx (and smells of shit) if you buy the product. Bettert to spend your money on a weekend of debauchery in Amsterdam.

2. I do know the difference between a meerkat and the market, thanks. Also, couldn`t they find a British meerkat to do the job? :blink:

3. I do not need a new car - it is one of the most depreciating `assets` you can buy.

4. I do not need to go to Ocean Finance - not unless I`m planning to do a runner, anyway.

5. Virgin Pendolino `wifi` trains can be crashed by flooding the train`s network with a local DoS attack (a relatively easy task with the use of aircrack-ng and a bit of shell scripting).

And so on. You get the picture - most of what is being advertised is either useless, not needed in the first place, or will put you into even greater debt, financing the whole fu<king bubble orgy that is known as `consumerism`.

Ah, one moment - I guess that confirms your theory X-QUORK! ;):lol::unsure::rolleyes:

Archived