House Price Crash Forum

150,000 To Ewell Uk Workforce.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Searched but didn't see this - if already posted - sorry

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/200...tons-lose-jobs/

After posting just yesterday about how few jobs there seemed to be, this took me by surprise.

...article states:

January 24, 2009

150,000 foreigners swell UK workforce: Record number get permits as Britons lose jobs

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: ' This further undermines Gordon Brown's crass and unwise boast that he would deliver "British jobs for British workers" and is more evidence why Labour are not capable of guiding us through recession.

Ministers were criticised last night for issuing a record 151,635 work permits to foreigners as Britain slid into recession.

...but we already know Nulabour are not capable of helping immigrants or locals...is this news...?.... <_<

HOLA445
HOLA446

I have first hand knowledge that at least two of the largest I.T. outsourcing companies in the world are still getting permits granted and renewed for Indian workers to come over here.

These workers don't have any in-demand skills that we can't fill over here. Rather they are coming over here to learn the job (and being paid a pittance) before taking the knowledge back to India along with the support of the outsourced accounts they worked on.

Of course, with the speed at which big companies work, and the reassurances outsourcing clients need to be in place before sending their data to India, this can be a protracted process. The outsourcing companies have, however, promised the work at lower prices which can only be achieved by either off-shoring, or using cheap Indian labour over here for a time. Hence, many Indian workers over here on long visas, doing work for which they have no special in-demand skills (in fact, for which they have no skills when they first come over). Work that could easily be done by a UK citizen.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I didn't realise that Ewell need so many people? Are they coming from Epsom?

http://www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/EEBC/Home.htm

HOLA4411
HOLA4412