House Price Crash Forum

Ron Paul On Fox With Glenn Beck - 21/01/2009

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I can't imagine the US would want a new gold backed currency, as having the dollar as the reserve currency has been a (almost literally) golden goose for them.

However, I can see how the rest of the world would want something more stable and less unfair. The USA clearly can't be trusted to control a reserve currency and, ultimately, I don't think any country could be. This particular experiment has ended in tears.

Countries with lots of gold would no doubt be rubbing their hands with glee at this thought too! Interesting...

EDIT: it also raises the question about the governments forcing mandatory selling of gold to governments too. I raised this concern on the NI forum a while back. While it was dismissed as being something not worth considering in the short term then, I'm not so sure. If they're going to do something like this, surely it would need to be a surprise (to stop people trading positioning themselves to profit from it).

Perhaps silver is less risky as a result? Who knows?

Edited by Traktion

HOLA444
HOLA445

Oh yes. I've been watching Ron Paul's videos since 2007, never get tired of listening to him. He keeps saying the same things over and over. He was always laughed at and mocked just like Peter Schiff, Roubini were laughed at too.

Ain't nobody laughing now, 'cept the bankers.

Edited by adamLancs

HOLA446