House Price Crash Forum

Ranks On Hpc

Guest Charlie The Tramp

HOLA441
HOLA442

I noticed these VIP members last night, and tried to post a similar question, but I think the board went down when I tried, so i gave up!

Why only 3 of them?

how do you become a VIP member?

?????? :angry: :(:unsure::o:ph34r::huh::blink:

HOLA443

Let me explain: We had to change some settings in Invision Power Board which introduced some restrictions. The most notable ones are the power to edit one's own messages expires after 1 day and the "Edited by ..." note is now compulsory. There is also a 90 sec. flood control restriction, i.e. you need to wait at least 90 seconds before you can make another post. This was necessary, because we had a number of incidents where members deleted all their posts by editing out all text from their posts, leaving just many empty posts. This may have been the result of these accounts being hacked, but I don't know.

I created a new user category which does not have these restrictions applied to them. They basically have the same rights that "Members" used to have prior to these changes. For lack of imagination (which is not my strong point), I called this new category "VIP Members". Anyone who can be trusted by the Mods not to do anything silly (such as retrospectively editing or deleting posts or flooding the board) can become a "VIP Member". I did not want to advertise this fact, because dealing with all the requests would be time consuming. So if you REALLY need the old privileges back, for example because the 90 sec flood control bothers you, then I can change you to VIP Member, but this is entirely at the Mods discretion.

Also, if anyone can come up with a better name for this category than "VIP Member", then let me know.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Charlie The Tramp
I nominate CTT for Honoury Member!!

HPC Senior Veteran would suit me at 2,000 posts. How can an old fogey suffering from senile dementia be called a HPC Addict. Mrs C would suspect I was on the funny fags. :(

• 3 months later...
HOLA446
Guest Charlie The Tramp

I am even more confused, members recently joined seem to have obtained VIP status already. :blink:

I believe members who reach a thousand posts with no warns should be accorded this honour automatically. :P

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4411
I am even more confused, members recently joined seem to have obtained VIP status already.  :blink:

I believe members who reach a thousand posts with no warns should be accorded this honour automatically.  :P

Oh come on now charlie, would you really trust the likes of me.. no morality to speak of, to not do something stupid>?.

I do find the flood control abit annoying though.

HOLA4412
Guest magnoliawalls
Oh come on now charlie, would you really trust the likes of me.. no morality to speak of, to not do something stupid>?.

I do find the flood control abit annoying though.

I agree, the flood control is putting me off - any chance the time could be reduced?

:)

• 1 month later...
HOLA4413
HOLA4414