House Price Crash Forum

Absolutely Speechless

HOLA441
The reality was hidden, politically it didn't make sense if Labour or the Tories had been screaming your being bloody fools stop buying houses at over inflated prices, you don't know what you are doing HPI cannot last they certainly would have lost the next election as people didn't want to hear that. Who doesn't want to be rich. The whole idea of get rich quick schemes is to get rich and quick.

However people are easily led and even if you had researched what was happening their might have been part of you thinking, no don't worry someone in charge will stop this before it reaches the point of complete catastrophic economic implosion, because that's what the central banks and FSA etc... are for right!!!!!

If they aren't concerned and they are the EXPERTS why should I?

Economically does anyone have any idea how many idiots it takes to over inflate property values?

About 10 million?!? :P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I am guessing he is under aged 35? If I am correct, he has no adult memory of the last property crash, it's as simple as that. One cannot fully comprehend what one has not experienced (eg I read books about the horrors of war, but unless you've been in one first hand how can you really know how visceral and arm slicing it is?)

He may have not been around for the last property crash but I am sure his mum was!

What would his mum have told him? Yes property prices went down but then they increased faster and higher then before. Basically people who kept hold of there property at all costs were the real winners. People who sold at a loss were the loosers.

SO a long term buy and hold stratagy is the way to go?

Maybe people are not as dumb as some people think.

HOLA443
He may have not been around for the last property crash but I am sure his mum was!

What would his mum have told him? Yes property prices went down but then they increased faster and higher then before. Basically people who kept hold of there property at all costs were the real winners. People who sold at a loss were the loosers.

SO a long term buy and hold stratagy is the way to go?

Maybe people are not as dumb as some people think.

It makes sense to buy when prices are LOW and hold them to sell when they are high.

It doesn't make any sense to buy into the peak of a bubble market, which is what this guy appears to have done - and in some style. If he can hold on to his properties through the next few years he might start to realise some profits a decade down the line. Woo Hoo.

HOLA444
It makes sense to buy when prices are LOW and hold them to sell when they are high.

It doesn't make any sense to buy into the peak of a bubble market, which is what this guy appears to have done - and in some style. If he can hold on to his properties through the next few years he might start to realise some profits a decade down the line. Woo Hoo.

True in an ideal world but the situation now is that he has the properties.

So the best thing for him to do is to hold! and stop worrying about every little thing!

HOLA445

Weird isn't it?

All you have to do, really, is look at this graph: -

homepage.png

And it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know in ABSOLUTELY SUCCINCTLY!

Edited by eric pebble