House Price Crash Forum

My Ifa (pension) Advisor Has A Btl Property - He Advised Me That House Prices Won't Fall

HOLA441
He now advises to transfer my funds into BRIC and emerging markets.

This all sounds a little bit fishy to me. Do you really mean that he's recommending placing the whole of your pension pot outside the UK? (I'm assuming that you're domiciled within this country and will probably stay here.) Do you intend drawing your pension in BRIC currencies? Why take on currency risks in addition to investment ones? Is this person authorised to give such advice? Has (s)he put it in writing? How does (s)he justify such extreme action? Is there a fee for him/her on transfer between funds? Who will you sue and do they have the spondulicks to meet your claim if this gamble goes terribly wrong?

Fishy. Very, very fishy.

p

HOLA442
My Ifa (pension) Advisor ................. Would you take pension advice from this man?

I take no advice from any Financial Advisor especially Pension Advisers, Financial Planners, and those other Nobs Independent Financial Advisers. ;)

HOLA443
Guest sillybear2

He's a fool in search of trailing commissions preaching to greater fools. If he's such a hot shot investment advisor why is he still working and even if he was why they hell is he advising you?

HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
A girl I knew was drowning in debt, with loans, multiple credit cards ect- her mum was bailing her out on the rent for her flat. She also bought a one way ticket to China, on the back of a mate saying they could find her work out there and got stuck with no job and no way to get back( mum to the rescue again.) She was trained in beauty therapy but the money was crap- so she did a six week course and became a financial advisor- priceless :lol:

Sweet, I wanna use her (only in a professional capacity), I'll take her 'advice' then do the exact opposite. Sheer genius.

HOLA445

Yeah - I wanna invest in BRIC at the moment.

Lets see - how do their economies work at the moment? I'm paraphrasing, but in general terms:

C sells us stuff we can't afford. We buy it on credit. C uses the profit to lend to the people who lend the money to us that we use to buy the stuff from China we can't afford. Making all this stuff that we can't afford that we by on credit using money they lent us uses a lot of energy and natural resources, which drives the cost of them up.

B & I have a good thing going in the natural resources department / secondary industry dept. They sell stuff to either us or C. Their profit is used to expand output so they can sell more stuff to us to and C and use more energy and drive the cost of it up more. C use they stuff they buy to make stuff to sell to us that we borrow money to buy, and the profit is used by C to buy B & I's resources and secondary industries.

I also provides a service industry to us. They deal with helping us spend the money we would earn from jobs, except we don't have them any more because they got shipped off to India.

R sells everyone gas. They are great at making sure they get a good price for it, and at the moment the price is high because of all the demand from everyone elses industry. They do whatever the hill they like with the money, but make sure we don't get it.

Yup - all economies built on sound foundations. I want my pension dependant on their futures...

HOLA446
Guest Bart of Darkness
Sweet, I wanna use her (only in a professional capacity), I'll take her 'advice' then do the exact opposite.

We have Realist Bear for that. He may not be as pretty but he is cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA447

Hi guys sorry I have not been back here doing pension stuff as the rsi has been bad. Well I am feeling even more despondent after seeing my pensions property fund decline about 20% since I bought most of the units. I am worried about the economy even more than before - probably something to do with feeling like i will be made redundant from my job!

My feeling is that I want out of stock market dependent funds for my pension but since I can't withdraw it is there any such thing as a safe haven fund while we go through the next 5 - 10 years of recession and possible depression?

HOLA448
My feeling is that I want out of stock market dependent funds for my pension but since I can't withdraw it is there any such thing as a safe haven fund while we go through the next 5 - 10 years of recession and possible depression?

Wake up. Have you not heard of commodities?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Commodities a bit overdone? Coal now going down the chute...

We're talkig pension - not next week. This is just the first rise. This is a 20 year bull market.

HOLA4411