House Price Crash Forum

B B C World Service Wants You.

HOLA441

I am currently researching a series of features for BBC World Service on the housing crash of the early 1990s and beyond.

The series will consist of five 7 minute features to be placed in the "Outlook" programme on BBC World Service and will be broadcast across one week - the transmission date has yet to be confirmed. It will hear from people who experienced the repossession of, or were forced to sell, their home during that time. From personal stories we will hope to give an idea of why people were keen to own properties during that time; how individual circumstances and the economic climate conspired to plunge so many into unmanageable debt leading to the loss of homes; how that affected lives and how people have subsequently recovered.

Primarily I was hoping your organisation might be able to put me in touch with people who had been through the experience of having their homes repossessed anytime between 1989 - 2000 and would be willing to talk about it.

I can be contacted by email at rebecca@hodsonr.fsnet.co.uk

regards,

Rebecca Hodson

Edited by Financial Planner

HOLA442
HOLA443
FP,

Not good form to put a laydeez e-mail address into the public domain. Suggest you remove and ask people to PM you if they are willing to participate.

regards,

Nerble

I think you should ask her what she thinks of it, actually!

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
If anyone wants to help pls contact her. Also, can people pls stop taking the Michael out of media requests for help from members?

I agree FP, let’s not dent our reputation any further. I think this site is morally sound and has served a great purpose over the years. Lets keep our digs and laughs aimed at one another, and maybe Krusty and Phil :P .

I remember the last crash as a young lad in my mid teens. Dad's a builder with an old school mentality to money so although not in debt he lost a good chunk of equity in many of his properties, saying that he also bought quite a few for ridiculously low sums. I am sorry I could not be of much help but there must be the older fraternity out there that can help, c'mon slackers this is mainstream stuff. FP has done us all proud in the media the least we could do is show a little support now the mass media can be used for our advantage.