House Price Crash Forum

You Have To Laugh

nautilus

HOLA441

We recently had an offer accepted to buy a detached house. Originally on at 275k, dropped to 260k and offer accepted at 240k. Now the seller has decided to stay put saying she is going to wait till the market picks up! She will have a heck of a wait I think so I hope she enjoys rattling around in the huge house by herself for the next 5-10 years. Im sure I will be told Ive had a luck escape but we need somewhere to live!

Edited by nautilus

HOLA442
We recently had an offer accepted to buy a detached house. Originally on at 275k, dropped to 260k and offer accepted at 240k. Now the seller has decided to stay put saying she is going to wait till the market picks up! She will have a heck of a wait I think so I hope she enjoys rattling around in the hugh house by herself for the next 5-10 years. Im sure I will be told Ive had a luck escape but we need somewhere to live!

It might just be a game to try and get the price up.

Stick to your guns and if she changes her mind then say the market has dropped more and offer 230K....she wont pull out again :-)

HOLA443
HOLA444
Cant see the property on the estate agent site now so I think she really has taken it off the market. Would have preferred if she was trying it on and then I could have had some fun.

Probably going to do what was done to us in the summer: take it off the market saying it's because they can't find anywhere to live and then put it on for 175k more!!!

It still hasn't sold though. Funny that.

HOLA445
We recently had an offer accepted to buy a detached house. Originally on at 275k, dropped to 260k and offer accepted at 240k. Now the seller has decided to stay put saying she is going to wait till the market picks up! She will have a heck of a wait I think so I hope she enjoys rattling around in the huge house by herself for the next 5-10 years. Im sure I will be told Ive had a luck escape but we need somewhere to live!

Buying isn't the only option. It might be the most expensive, but it's not the only way to find somewhere to live, and if you need somewhere to live quick, then renting's great. You'll be sorted in less than 4 weeks if you find somewhere empty. And you can always negotiate on the rent.

HOLA446