House Price Crash Forum

New Home Incentives - Desperation!

HOLA441

Been lurking for far too long but thought this worth posting...... I received this offer via Rightmove today - it certainly begs the question as to the price paid and lodged with the LR, and the various "cashbacks".

Dear XXXXX this message was sent to you by rightmove.co.uk on behalf of George Wimpey as our records indicate that their Cheltenham Collection in Gloucestershire may be of interest to you. If you have problems viewing this message you can view it online instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reserve in 2007 and save thousands

on a new home in 2008!

£200 per week towards your food shopping*

Gas bill paid*

Electricity bill paid*

Water rates paid*

Council tax paid*

Battledown Park

3 and 4 bedroom homes

Where?

Next to the new Sainsburys on Priors Road, Oakley, Cheltenham GL52 5AB

How Much?

From £229,995

Interested?

0845 362 7249

Noverton View

3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes

Where?

Noverton Lane, Prestbury,

Cheltenham

How Much?

From £324,995

Interested?

0845 362 7266

Cleeve Park

3 and 4 bedroom homes

Where?

Priors Road, Oakley, Cheltenham

How Much?

From £229,995

Interested?

0845 672 5103

HOLA442
Guest Shedfish

:lol:

what next?

we'll drive you to work

help you do your job

fill your garage with gift vouchers every tuesday for a year

buy you a dog

ANYTHING BUT LOWER THE PRICE

HOLA443
HOLA444

Yep, Barratts were advertising on ITV during the commerical breaks for the Rugby World Cup on Saturday night and also a number of adverts I've seen in the free daily London papers were showing similar desperation offers like the one you've shown above.

Shocking stuff - but it's been a long time coming.

The asterisks probably mean 'fooled ya!'

Edited by nmarks

HOLA445
HOLA446

must have read my mind guys:

Just a suggestion to the guys at smartnewhomes; why not suggest to your clients, the major UK house builders, that instead of indulging in 'meany-mouthed' incentives they have a proper sale in favour of the first time buyer market? Perhaps a 'U.S. style' sale and knock up to 20% off the prices, or hold a no reserve auction? After all, the inventory for new (unsold) stock must be severely backed up at the moment and attempting to entice the increasingly rare first time buyer through; carpets, curtains and parking space offers is simply not working. Still, no worries, the new house builders always have the buy to let market to sell into...

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...&cat=44-0-0

HOLA447
Guest Shedfish
must have read my mind guys:

Just a suggestion to the guys at smartnewhomes; why not suggest to your clients, the major UK house builders, that instead of indulging in 'meany-mouthed' incentives they have a proper sale in favour of the first time buyer market? Perhaps a 'U.S. style' sale and knock up to 20% off the prices, or hold a no reserve auction? After all, the inventory for new (unsold) stock must be severely backed up at the moment and attempting to entice the increasingly rare first time buyer through; carpets, curtains and parking space offers is simply not working. Still, no worries, the new house builders always have the buy to let market to sell into...

excellent as ever CL

couldn't help but notice the pic on this article

(nice!)

(sorry OP, a bit off topic)

HOLA448
HOLA449

STA - The asterisks mean :

*Offers available on selected properties for a limited period only and subject to normal George Wimpey terms and conditions.

So not a lot of help really. I suspect if I bothered to search their web site I could find more however I am not interested! We STR in June 07 and are now happy to be on the property sidelines......