House Price Crash Forum

Best Isa For This Year?

HOLA441

Hi,

I am looking for a high interest rate ISA that isn't a dodgy company lolol. I prefer to get paid my interest on a monthly basis. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which ISA are you using?

Also does anyone know how quickly you can withdraw your money from an ISA?

Many thanks

Humpilina :lol:

HOLA442
Which ISA are you using?

Also does anyone know how quickly you can withdraw your money from an ISA?

Don't have any suggestions for you, but you could try looking on the moneysavingexpert.com forums for the current best deal. Internet accounts can take from 2-5 days for the withdrawl to appear in your linked current account, if you have an account where it can be managed in a bank branch, then you can walk in and make an immediate withdrawl.

Taking money out of an ISA is discouraged as you cannot put it back in, but you already knew that...

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Thanks for this thread. I'll go bung £3k in NS&I .... never had £3k before so this is my first ISA.

I'd love a maxi, but really would be completely out of my depth even attempting to find what is best... no idea what it's all about, but the word "shares" scares me.

Update: Damn ... they are now sending something to my address and I have to prove my address probably. So that's another 2 week delay - and god only knows what proof they will want. I leave my banking at my parents address as I am "travelling/no fixed abode" while I work out where I can live and get a job :(

Had 2 different addresses already in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

HOLA447
Update: Damn ... they are now sending something to my address and I have to prove my address probably. So that's another 2 week delay - and god only knows what proof they will want. I leave my banking at my parents address as I am "travelling/no fixed abode" while I work out where I can live and get a job :(

Had 2 different addresses already in the last 2 weeks.

You'll be fine. NS&I are basically a government company, and as you give your National Insurance number when applying for an ISA they can be pretty sure you are who you say you are. They just need to send you something to get your signature.

And congratulations! I opened my first cash ISA just last year. No idea why I didn't put any money in one sooner. Oh yeah, it was cos I was broke. :P