House Price Crash Forum

New Labour

HOLA441

A Different Kind of Sleaze

Tory sleaze was about politicians succumbing to the material temptations placed before them, such as expense accounts and foreign travel, or it involved the personal sexual morality or marital fidelity of politicians. There was little or no direct impact on the general public, but the press and opposition politicians worked themselves into a frenzy about it.

New Labour are guilty of all the above and more. It is all about the perversion of democratic government; matters of great importance to the public being cooked up behind closed doors, justified by massaged figures, semi-leaked documents and news management. Alarmingly the press seems to be uninterested, and the filthiest government since Lloyd George looks whiter than white!

HOLA442
A Different Kind of Sleaze

Tory sleaze was about politicians succumbing to the material temptations placed before them, such as expense accounts and foreign travel, or it involved the personal sexual morality or marital fidelity of politicians. There was little or no direct impact on the general public, but the press and opposition politicians worked themselves into a frenzy about it.

New Labour are guilty of all the above and more. It is all about the perversion of democratic government; matters of great importance to the public being cooked up behind closed doors, justified by massaged figures, semi-leaked documents and news management. Alarmingly the press seems to be uninterested, and the filthiest government since Lloyd George looks whiter than white!

The tories were after money ...................

..............Labour are after your soul

HOLA443
The tories were after money ...................

..............Labour are after your soul

Is that because they have none of their own.

Shave gordys head and I'm sure horns are sprouting maybe a 666 on their as well.

Labour have no plan the are just feckin halfwits, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery/nhs/public transport/police/pensions/win a war/teachers anything...... They've just fuked up stolen our money and we now have to pay for it.

Edited by Ipodjunky

HOLA444
Is that because they have none of their own.

Shave gordys head and I'm sure horns are sprouting maybe a 666 on their as well.

Labour have no plan the are just feckin halfwits, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery/nhs/public transport/police/pensions/win a war/teachers anything...... They've just fuked up stolen our money and we now have to pay for it.

The winners of the next general election will have to pay for Labours mess, and will probably get some of the blame. Its up to us to vote for the best of a very bad bunch.

All Labour Party members should be put before the firing squad for what they have done to this country.

HOLA445
HOLA446

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/noneoftheabove/

It is proposed that every ballot paper include a binding "None of the Above - Re-open Nominations" candidate. The basis of this would be to identify those voters who feel disenfranchised by the candidates on offer as opposed to those who are genuinely apathetic. Candidates who lose to "None Of The Above" shall not be eligible for renomination at the re-election.

Edited by 2112

HOLA447
Guest mattsta1964
So who should we be voting for then at the next election? I'm all ears.

That's the crux of the problem

There isn't anyone worth voting for and those political parties who do promote more senssible policies haven't got a chance in hell of winning

We are trapped in this 2 party system. Nothing will change until the people are so fekked off that there will have to be change. It would take a godzilla sized depression for this to happen............. which is looking increasingly possible.

HOLA448
That's the crux of the problem

There isn't anyone worth voting for and those political parties who do promote more senssible policies haven't got a chance in hell of winning

We are trapped in this 2 party system. Nothing will change until the people are so fekked off that there will have to be change. It would take a godzilla sized depression for this to happen............. which is looking increasingly possible.

We are not trapped in a 2 party system. There are genuine alternatives, however unpalatable some people may find them.

I'm still looking for someone to answer my question:

Assuming that the original post is to a large extent true, and assuming that the other 2 mainstream parties would offer nothing any different, who should I give my vote to?

HOLA449
We are not trapped in a 2 party system. There are genuine alternatives, however unpalatable some people may find them.

I'm still looking for someone to answer my question:

Assuming that the original post is to a large extent true, and assuming that the other 2 mainstream parties would offer nothing any different, who should I give my vote to?

Well BNP obviously, duh. <_<

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
give your vote to the lib dems.

they have quite good 2nd home policies.

i joined them and they sent me emails from ming and the gang.

all they went on about was law and order. their ideas were no different from tory and labour.

they said how would you tackle rising crime ?

i said scrap the 1000 new criminal offences labour have put on the statute book.

its obvious to a blind man that if you create 1000 new 'crimes' and then increase the number of police (as labour have done) crime will go up and so will the nummber of prisoners,

thats obviously what labour wanted and now the libedems are following on.

ps same thing happened under clinton when prison population doubled

HOLA4413
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/noneoftheabove/

It is proposed that every ballot paper include a binding "None of the Above - Re-open Nominations" candidate. The basis of this would be to identify those voters who feel disenfranchised by the candidates on offer as opposed to those who are genuinely apathetic. Candidates who lose to "None Of The Above" shall not be eligible for renomination at the re-election.

So what if 'None of The Above' gets the most votes after each re-nomination leaving no candidates left to vote for?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
So what if 'None of The Above' gets the most votes after each re-nomination leaving no candidates left to vote for?

Then we will have exposed the poor quality of candidates and their manifesto.

In my local elections my town has voted either Indepenent or BNP and Labour/Conservative/Liberal have no presence at all. Ready for the next general election Labour have deposed the dull but worthy Colin Challen and parachuted in Ed Balls against the wishes of the local party. Many people I speak to here didn't want him and add the turn against Labour starting to happen our only credible candidate will be the Independent one.