House Price Crash Forum

Doing My Bit For The Economy

Fancypants

HOLA441

for the second year in succession, I have done the bulk of my Christmas shopping in one fell swoop, with a nice little day trip to Calais. I must say, a much less fraught experience than shopping in the UK (especially Oxford St :blink: ), arguably a tad cheaper, and a better range in many respects. I thought it might be a touch of exoticism on my part, but this year's visit has merely confirmed that the grass is indeed greener on the other side.

And I'm pleased to have helped contribute to the employment and tax take of our cousins over la Manche. Gordon can go whistle for it. :D

HOLA442

for the second year in succession, I have done the bulk of my Christmas shopping in one fell swoop, with a nice little day trip to Calais. I must say, a much less fraught experience than shopping in the UK (especially Oxford St :blink: ), arguably a tad cheaper, and a better range in many respects. I thought it might be a touch of exoticism on my part, but this year's visit has merely confirmed that the grass is indeed greener on the other side.

And I'm pleased to have helped contribute to the employment and tax take of our cousins over la Manche. Gordon can go whistle for it. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: