House Price Crash Forum

Does Being Abroad Make You More Employable

what

HOLA441

I am currently living and workin in Germany and would like to come back to the

UK one day when all the madness has stopped.

However most companies are leaving the

UK, so if i do come back i will have to fight with about 100 other people for the same job.

Just wondering if working in another country will make me stick out from the other candidates.

Do employers look at it favourably n the UK ??

HOLA442

For sure if you can dress yourself up in some sort of Eastern European National Costume, and your wife can sell lucky heather on Oxford Street then for sure it would indeed be an andvantage.

However get yourself familier with the benefits system as things have changed remarkeably since you left. You will need to bring an interpreter to the DSS so they can understand English, and you will also have to be prepared to live on 50% of the Salary you lived on five years ago. So long as the wife and kids dont mind sharing a house with three other families then you will be made up for sure.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Sorry, didnt realise your post was serious, where on earth have you been you have no chance of a job unless you work for minimum wage.

We are all being offshored mate.

Too many schnapps I suspect.

Been in Germany, but miss the UK.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Sorry, didnt realise your post was serious, where on earth have you been you have no chance of a job unless you work for minimum wage.

We are all being offshored mate.

Too many schnapps I suspect.

Slight exageration there I feel ref. the minimum wage comment <_<

HOLA448

I am currently living and workin in Germany and would like to come back to the

UK one day when all the madness has stopped.

However most companies are leaving the

UK, so if i do come back i will have to fight with about 100 other people for the same job.

Just wondering if working in another country will make me stick out from the other candidates.

Do employers look at it favourably n the UK ??

In my experience employers look upon overseas experience favourably if you have been away for 2-3 years, and for longer periods if there is some benefit for their business, such as language skills or a network of contacts in the country. Otherwise it depends on your line of work. I work abroad for the best part of eight years and had a bit of a challenge convincing interviewers that I was up to date on UK regulations - I'm an accountant so I guess that can be an issue.

Archived