House Price Crash Forum

Islington

HOLA441

i was speaking to a colleague who'se looking to buy in Islington: apparently she's having trouble with viewings because houses go so fast they're gone by the time she goes to see them, often gone in a matter of hours.

I can't believe how house prices have defied trends for so long, and like many others face pressure to invest. A friend of mine told me he can hold up for another year, but then his girlfriend won't allow longer. He's desperate to see prices slip by then.

It's a speculative market which means it must be a bubble, it's just so frustrating to see that it's propped up unlike ordinary bubbles by people's desperation to own, not just invest.

The whole edifice is surely creaking, but when i hear annecdotes like above i wonder what is going on in the world. It beggars belief.

HOLA442

i was speaking to a colleague who'se looking to buy in Islington: apparently she's having trouble with viewings because houses go so fast they're gone by the time she goes to see them, often gone in a matter of hours.

I can't believe how house prices have defied trends for so long, and like many others face pressure to invest. A friend of mine told me he can hold up for another year, but then his girlfriend won't allow longer. He's desperate to see prices slip by then.

It's a speculative market which means it must be a bubble, it's just so frustrating to see that it's propped up unlike ordinary bubbles by people's desperation to own, not just invest.

The whole edifice is surely creaking, but when i hear annecdotes like above i wonder what is going on in the world. It beggars belief.

Its mostly the scum of the world that is buying at these prices with money stolen from the people. East european Scum. These places will turn into Mafia ghettos.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Islington (which now includes substantial chunks of Dalston and Haggerston according to the local EAs) looks and feels more and more like Croydon these days. Shame, as 5 years ago it was actually quite pleasant. I wouldn't live there now.

There should be a law against two or three families living in the same house . They put all their finances together to buy one home. Nothing has changed over the years and yet there will be some people on this site that will say this does not happen. This kind of prctice brings down the chracter and value of what was once a lovely place to live. I was brought up in a council house in the 50s in Edinburgh and would much rather have that situation han these vastly overpriced Ghettos that are on the market now. The market is like apendulum and will come back to reality fairly soon.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The moral is always to avoid Foxtons and newbuilds. I'm not saying that makes Islington affordable but it's a good starting point. This one works out at £572 per square foot whereas £500 per square foot it closer to the current asking average I think for a 2-3 bed in Islington (house or flat) at present.

HOLA447

The moral is always to avoid Foxtons and newbuilds. I'm not saying that makes Islington affordable but it's a good starting point. This one works out at £572 per square foot whereas £500 per square foot it closer to the current asking average I think for a 2-3 bed in Islington (house or flat) at present.

Wow that is so cheap for a hovel !

HOLA448