House Price Crash Forum

Hainault

HOLA441
HOLA442

Why are houses within this area of london so much cheaper than areas like southend?

Southend on Sea (essex) is not very nice

Hainault looks ok and the property prices are lower

Is there a nuclear reactor near there that I dont know about or is it just that the whole area is just a slum?

Are they really?

Hainault is a funny kind of area. The bits near Chigwell are rather nice, the bits near Collier Row are downmarket. Good for links to the City, and I would have thought that the Olympics effect would have raised prices.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

It really isn't very nice round that neck of the woods (no pun intended), and a bit of a pig to get around without a car in that area.

OD

actually, I've never been, but imagined it to be fairly pleasant at least, due to it's semi-rural setting (for inside the M25) and the fact that adjacent areas are relatively decent?

edit: mind, if they have a BNP councillor there must be some "issues" there.

Edited by Fancypants

HOLA448
HOLA449

Part of the reason Hainault has a BNP councillor is because of the appalling anti social behaviour in the area - a few local gangs have been terrorising the area for years and sod all has been done about it! It is mostly ex council housing as well which has something to do with the area´s reputation.

Why not try areas nearby like Barkingside, Gants Hill or Newbury Park (assuming your budget won´t stretch to Wanstead or Woodford). Much nicer areas than Hainault!

HOLA4410

Thanks guys for all your comments

I looked into it a bit and it isnt that bad.

The crime is slightly higher but thats london - I am sure that nice parts also have crime.

The BNP thing well - my view and I dont want to offend anyone - everyone is entitled to an opinion if you feel uncomfortable about it or not the main population in this country was white and looking at the age demographic Hainault is mainly young with mainly the older people being white so the BNP may actually be a reflection of a bunch of chippy old white people who will pop their clogs sooner or later.

Having said that it has a sailing lake and is next to a big park - so it has some benefits and I notice some luxury flats going up.

I think I will buy here and rent some rooms out as it is near the tube - well surely that must be an advantage even to the most anally retentive pessimists here (sorry I dont have a graph for you but it would be like two big curves).

then I can just buy a flat near the sea. Ah the sea, the clean air, the drunken hoards, the smell of Urine - ok maybe Ill stay in Hainault

I have just found out that reported crime in southend is 2/3 drink related :ph34r: so I think I will take my chances.

TTG

HOLA4411

Probably because Hainault has a BNP councillor whereas Southend doesn't. BTL investors would prefer not to buy houses in wards represented by the BNP.

What a load of crap,you make the BNP sound like the Nazi party,there seems to be a myth in this country that all racists are white,people would have us believe that the only ones against immigration are also white,you ask any member of the ethnic minorities what they think of all these eastern europeans coming into the UK and you`ll see how much they hate it,there hatred towards these new arrivals is so common I was on a bus once ,an Oriental woman and a Jamaican woman were talking about an article in the paper which showed 50 Romanians living in a hotel in Dover ,they had just arrived and applied for political asylum,these 2 women didn`t know each other but they were spitting venom about these new arrivals ,saying it made them sick and the goverment should not let them in,I see it was ok for the goverment to let these 2 in,but as far as they were concerned its a closed shop ,if these 2 had their way all these asylum seekers would be removed as soon as possible as should the ones who were already here,I have seen other ethnic minority people with heavy accents having a go at asylum seekers on public transport,it seems ok for these people to criticise other foreigners but when white people do it ,oh no they are Nazis and should be hung drawn and quartered,one rule for them and another for us is rife in this country and is giving ammunition to the likes of the BNP,so unless we go back and have the same rules for everyone these people will keep making gains and spread everywhere.

HOLA4412

What a load of crap,you make the BNP sound like the Nazi party,there seems to be a myth in this country that all racists are white,people would have us believe that the only ones against immigration are also white,you ask any member of the ethnic minorities what they think of all these eastern europeans coming into the UK and you`ll see how much they hate it,there hatred towards these new arrivals is so common I was on a bus once ,an Oriental woman and a Jamaican woman were talking about an article in the paper which showed 50 Romanians living in a hotel in Dover ,they had just arrived and applied for political asylum,these 2 women didn`t know each other but they were spitting venom about these new arrivals ,saying it made them sick and the goverment should not let them in,I see it was ok for the goverment to let these 2 in,but as far as they were concerned its a closed shop ,if these 2 had their way all these asylum seekers would be removed as soon as possible as should the ones who were already here,I have seen other ethnic minority people with heavy accents having a go at asylum seekers on public transport,it seems ok for these people to criticise other foreigners but when white people do it ,oh no they are Nazis and should be hung drawn and quartered,one rule for them and another for us is rife in this country and is giving ammunition to the likes of the BNP,so unless we go back and have the same rules for everyone these people will keep making gains and spread everywhere.

Sounds like the Nazi party: (extract from Wilkipedia)

"It is therefore committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948". To achieve this aim, the BNP advocates the use of "firm but voluntary incentives" to remove ethnic minorities from the UK[4]. Membership of the party is restricted to "Indigenous Caucasians."

HOLA4413

The liberal left and the mainstream media try to paint a picture that the battleground in Britain is polarised between the white indigenous British and everybody else. In reality, every ethnic group hates every other ethnic group, and settled ethnic immigrants and their British born descendents overwhelmingly hate (bogus) asylum seekers and eastern Europeans.

HOLA4414
  • 4 months later...
HOLA4415