House Price Crash Forum

Crikes..

Mr Tickle

HOLA441

Not posted on here for a long old time, just been renting and getting on with life whilst the madness continues all around :ph34r:

Anways to the point, in feb of this year I offered on a property up the road at 15% less than the asking (45K saving) ..I was promply told to get on my bike ...... got a message on voice mail a couple of days ago saying we could have it at our offer price ........ so far I've not even bothered to ring em back to give em the bad news ... that I'm no longer interested ..... I hope they squeal with the pain :lol::lol:

Mr T B)

HOLA442
HOLA443

Anways to the point, in feb of this year I offered on a property up the road at 15% less than the asking (45K saving) ..I was promply told to get on my bike ...... got a message on voice mail a couple of days ago saying we could have it at our offer price ........ so far I've not even bothered to ring em back to give em the bad news ... that I'm no longer interested ..... I hope they squeal with the pain :lol::lol:

Mr T B)

Offer a further 15% deduction...

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

Not posted on here for a long old time, just been renting and getting on with life whilst the madness continues all around :ph34r:

Mr T B)

Have they chased you again?

HOLA445
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA446

Its in the East Midlands, and I've bought it :o:blink:

I've got a 20% reduction on the original asking price .... from late November last year (2005).

Could have waited for more, but have other considerations such as schooling etc and not wanting to screw the kids arund more than need be, all being well will have completed in a couple of weeks or so.

Also the property fits our needs exactly, I just hope others that have waited for so long also get what they want, If I was single/no kids I'd be waiting and till late 2007 I think :ph34r::ph34r:

And whatever happens to rates I'll be fine due to my financial position ........ but I'v still saved 130K over the next 25 years :D

Besides that when i leave I'm planning to be wearing my wooden overcoat ... yep I merelywant the property to LIVE in ..how bizarre :rolleyes:

HOLA447

Besides that when i leave I'm planning to be wearing my wooden overcoat ... yep I merelywant the property to LIVE in ..how bizarre :rolleyes:

You crazy man.

You need to pop down to your local MFI, and buy some of that excellent laminate and magnolia paint.

Slap on a couple of layers (the laminate goes on the floor).The magnolia paint will make the property unique!

You could make a fortune.

Well whatever you do, all the best with the new place.

HOLA448

It just goes to show!

I sold a place in Loughborough in Nov '04 for about 3% less than the asking price (which was at the lower end of the range it was valued at), but far above what I paid for it. If the lady buying it had haggled a bit, I would have gone lower, probably up to 10% lower. But she didn't.