House Price Crash Forum

Gold On The Increase?

Redtony

HOLA441

It seems Gold is on the increase - it looks as though bargain hunters are buying up gold, what are you thoughts now? Are we still in for more drops or is this the start of better times? it dropped to $545 at one stage! Still uncertain to bite the bullet :ph34r:

HOLA442

If I hadnt already bought all I plan on buying then I think I'd be jumping in. Remember that the value of gold will never fall to zero but the potential upside is enormous. If you're looking at a long term investment then this has to be one of the safest. Companies can go bust and cash can be inflated away but gold will always be valuable.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest boredwaiting

I'm gonna wait a bit and see what action we get. Particularly what FED news.

I think that has been factored in now - i don't think that the FED increasing the interest rates will have that much of an effect....

Although that doesn't mean that gold won't keep on dropping... I just bought a load of gold "at the bottom" ha ha ha.... :)

Lets see what happens now :)

HOLA446

I think that has been factored in now - i don't think that the FED increasing the interest rates will have that much of an effect....

Although that doesn't mean that gold won't keep on dropping... I just bought a load of gold "at the bottom" ha ha ha.... :)

Lets see what happens now :)

Im tempted to buy back in as well but am a bit put off by the tradition that gold has of languishing during the summer. Oh for a crystal ball....

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

i was waiting after the FED news and thought it would decrease more, how wrong i was! I was waiting for the $550 mark, yikes!

Well certain Guru's reckon August might be a good time to buy. Perhaps you will still have the chance to buy at $550 but I wouldnt be so sure.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The dollar has fallen a bit and oil has gone up a bit. I have a feeling that there won't be another low. It looks like gold has just returned to the inexorable gradient it had before being hammered to the $550 level.