House Price Crash Forum

Interest Rate Predictions

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

When do the Fed and the ECB meet?

ECB this week. Fed at the end of the month.

Gordon can't raise the rates yet as he is still rigging the CPI. It would look funny for him to order a .25% hike when we have 2.0 CPI. The ECB and US admit they have inflation and can justify hikes.

HOLA445

When do the Fed and the ECB meet?

Fed meets at the end of the month 26th, I think!! The ECB is meeting at the sametime as the MPC. Interesting coincidence.

I think the ECB will raise 0.25%, and the BoE will hold.

HOLA446

I think the ECB will raise 0.25%, and the BoE will hold.

that's what the markets expect - you can get 60/1 on a MPC 0.25% hike at Betfair.

I took a crafty 10/1 on a 0.50% rise at ECB for fun. Eurozone retail PMI numbers were strong this morning. Stong growth in Germany.

HOLA447

I took a crafty 10/1 on a 0.50% rise at ECB for fun. Eurozone retail PMI numbers were strong this morning. Stong growth in Germany.

I'm going for ECB to raise 0.25% and MPC to hold ... hopefully with one or two more rise votes this time though as a 'shot across the bows' warning for a definite rise next month?

Like Sisyphus I did also have a speculative gamble on a 0.5% rise by the ECB, but I only got 8/1 ... still, nothing to be sniffed at!

HOLA448
HOLA449

ECB this week. Fed at the end of the month.

Gordon can't raise the rates yet as he is still rigging the CPI. It would look funny for him to order a .25% hike when we have 2.0 CPI. The ECB and US admit they have inflation and can justify hikes.

In effect if the BofE are looking 2 years out, if they feel that inflation is there, they will vote for a rise.

However as Gordon controls 4 (and a fifth is a stooge), I expect that it will remain level. The best we can hope for is a war breaking out a 5-4 split between the BofE and Gordons men. If that continued for any length of time then the bank's 'independance' will be exposed for all to see!

HOLA4410