House Price Crash Forum

On Sky News - House Price Boom Followed By Bust

Guest growl

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

They have had someone who was asked

"with all this rapid increases will it end in a crash?" to which he stammered out that over the next 5 to 10 years prices will nor rise as quickly as they have done.

Is this his coded speech for they will drop over the next 5 years before picking themselves up.

Besides we need a crash, too many young uns need to get a home. As I told mrs gundog, we have a crash every generation or so to enable the first timers to get a place on the ladder.

HOLA445
Guest growl

They have had someone who was asked

"with all this rapid increases will it end in a crash?" to which he stammered out that over the next 5 to 10 years prices will nor rise as quickly as they have done.

Is this his coded speech for they will drop over the next 5 years before picking themselves up.

Besides we need a crash, too many young uns need to get a home. As I told mrs gundog, we have a crash every generation or so to enable the first timers to get a place on the ladder.

We certainly do need a crash, but one other thing he mentioned was the fact that the economy had been built on burgeoning public sector that is wealth destroying instead of wealth creating, and in the long run that didn't look good.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest growl

growl i liked your old avatar why have you changed it this one's very slick and everything but the old one was sweet.

Which one? I've changed from the polar bear (who was roaming for victims)since we are now in spring, before that I think I had the picnicking (who was looking to raid the basket for pickings)one since we were in Autumn, before that the one jumping on a log since that symbolised the fact that we needed the house price bubble bursting.

I've put this one up to symbolise the fact that the claw is already ripping through our economy.

Besides which as a true bear I welcome the harsh wind of change and the opportunities that arise from it. ;)

HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

Does that mean the UK property market is going to go tits up?

No. The whole point is to reassure us that it could never happen here. They just mean everywhere else.

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4410
HOLA4411