£ V $

gfromls

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA444
HOLA445

With interest rates now higher in the US I am expecting the $ the rise with respect to £.

If this does not happen in a dramatic way U.S. interest rates are still higher and therefore offer abetter return.

Anyone know where I can get the best interest on a $ account yet still retain the BoE guarantee?

HOLA446

With interest rates now higher in the US I am expecting the $ the rise with respect to £.

If this does not happen in a dramatic way U.S. interest rates are still higher and therefore offer abetter return.

Anyone know where I can get the best interest on a $ account yet still retain the BoE guarantee?

Try CitiBank

HOLA447

Hi

Just had a look the current account is non interest bearing have I missed something?

Wadisgod

HOLA448

Be careful here, my view is that we're more likely to see the dollar fall against the pound. Any dramatic moves won't be caused by a fraction of a percent differential in interest rates but by what China and Japan do with their dollar currency reserves.

If you moved your money into US$ cash on Monday morning it would be worth about 2% less now. I'm just saying that to illustrate the risk rather than say the fluctuation of the last 48 hours is anything but normal market moves.

HOLA449

I wouldnt touch the US Dollar with a barge pole.

Its going to get very ugly for the Dollar and subsequently the Pound, western economies due to the US debt which will bring down the Dollar.The Dollar has lost one third of its foreign exchange value over the past three years.

HOLA4410

Any dramatic moves won't be caused by a fraction of a percent differential in interest rates but by what China and Japan do with their dollar currency reserves.

The word is, the dollar fell broadly on Tuesday on further talk of foreign central banks shifting some of the holdings from dollars to euros, this time from China, Qatar and Kuwait.

---

HOLA4411

US non-farm payrolls are released today, either way breakouts are likely. Todays NFP data seemed to attract more attention as [sNOW] on Wed said he expected good figures, though the entire market does not know why he offered such comments. There seems to be a case about 2-years ago when Snow predicted strong NFP data and actually the results were 300k vs 120k estimates. Consensus is around +190k for today's figure. Jobless rate is estimated around 4.8%.

---