House Price Crash Forum

Stock Market Pricing In A Possible 6% House Price Drop

HOLA441

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast...story_id=630862

Dutch broker said the market is pricing in either a 6% fall in house prices or that the group creates no current cost economic profit in the future and believes both assumptions seem overly harsh.

Either way, it does not look good for new home builders? Harsh? IMHO, very optimistic in view of overstretched affordability threshholds.

HOLA442

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast...story_id=630862

Dutch broker said the market is pricing in either a 6% fall in house prices or that the group creates no current cost economic profit in the future and believes both assumptions seem overly harsh.

Either way, it does not look good for new home builders? Harsh? IMHO, very optimistic in view of overstretched affordability threshholds.

So the Non-executive director was right to cash in 25% of his shares a few days ago!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The UK housing market at the moment is like a tiger that is being held by its tail.

Whilst people see prices rising there will still be people willing to pay the asking price.

Once the tail of the tiger is released in the form of even slight price falls the tiger will turn around and eat all those involved. A 6% fall could quickly become five times that.

HOLA447

The UK housing market at the moment is like a tiger that is being held by its tail.

Whilst people see prices rising there will still be people willing to pay the asking price.

Once the tail of the tiger is released in the form of even slight price falls the tiger will turn around and eat all those involved. A 6% fall could quickly become five times that.

I agree.

Once things are let loose they will tumble.

But I've been expecting things to unwind far sooner.

What will be the killer blow, the straw that breaks the camel's back??

HOLA448

I agree.

The trigger may turn out to be the expose on Rightmove's house price data. The sheeple will suddenly realise that things are as bad as they really are and run for the exits in a selling panic with BTLs on the block first. I am convinced the only thing holding the crash back is the perception that prices are not falling.

HOLA449

I agree.

when the banks realise its madness to offer btl loans with only 100% rent cover and when they start demanding 20-30% deposits like they used to require.

just dont know when this will happen