House Price Crash Forum

Property inspection

disenfranchised

HOLA441

The little smeg from the letting agency came to do a pre-arranged inspection the other day.

Apparently he doesn't like my fiance very much as she shut the door on him when he turned up a few weeks ago without an agreed appointment.

"She just told me to go away and make an appointment, then closed the door! I'm sure you had an email! I have keys for your house, I could have just let myself in without knocking anyway - I will have to in future if she keeps doing that!"

Says smeg.

Not rising to the bait, I cheerfully informed him that, if there had been an appointment made with me as the leaseholder, he would have been welcomed by me as he was being now, but in the event of a future admin failure on the agents part, he ought to think carefully before using his magic key.

"Look mate" I said "I expect you've had the odd misunderstanding on this, and I expect most women would just scream a bit if they found you in their house, but she isn't like most women - I'm not sure if you noticed all the the training gear upstairs and the boots and gloves in that box over there - but they arent mine - she teaches hand to hand combat and she is very very good at it... you might not get time to say a lot if she came home and found in our home or you just wandered in - I really wouldn't chance it if I was you"

He looked genuinely terrified ?

HOLA442
HOLA443
6 hours ago, disenfranchised said:

The little smeg from the letting agency came to do a pre-arranged inspection the other day.

Apparently he doesn't like my fiance very much as she shut the door on him when he turned up a few weeks ago without an agreed appointment.

"She just told me to go away and make an appointment, then closed the door! I'm sure you had an email! I have keys for your house, I could have just let myself in without knocking anyway - I will have to in future if she keeps doing that!"

Says smeg.

Not rising to the bait, I cheerfully informed him that, if there had been an appointment made with me as the leaseholder, he would have been welcomed by me as he was being now, but in the event of a future admin failure on the agents part, he ought to think carefully before using his magic key.

"Look mate" I said "I expect you've had the odd misunderstanding on this, and I expect most women would just scream a bit if they found you in their house, but she isn't like most women - I'm not sure if you noticed all the the training gear upstairs and the boots and gloves in that box over there - but they arent mine - she teaches hand to hand combat and she is very very good at it... you might not get time to say a lot if she came home and found in our home or you just wandered in - I really wouldn't chance it if I was you"

I genuinely love your fiance and her agent hating ways.

HOLA444
On 02/05/2017 at 3:02 PM, disenfranchised said:

Ha ha brilliant ?

I always hated and resented inspections, it's my home I'm paying for it, I don't need some LL or jumped up little 'smeg' coming round to 'inspect' the house. 

Personally I think it's a power trip for the LL to do it and a way that the LA justifies their existence but also a power trip for them.

BF