House Price Crash Forum

Icici

ryanjw

HOLA441
HOLA442

www.icicibank.co.uk

I am on the verge of transferring 8k to their hisave savings account.

I`ve heard a couple of bad things about them. Anything that I need to know as i`m a bit wary.

Never heard of them but check if in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme - if yes and it does a BCCI then you'll be covered for 90% of your deposit.

HOLA443

They are an Indian bank that has recently started to brake into the UK market. I have heard of some poeple having problems with them but that was mainly at the beginning when they were swamped with people opening accounts and things took a while to happen.

I've had money with them since August and have had no problems at all. They are part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme I believe.

HOLA444

I was looking at these recently as the 5.15% AER is tempting, but wont be touching them after reading a LOT of bad experiences, ie:

- peoples transfer requests taking ages or never carried out

- unable to log into account

- takes ages to get the account setup

- clueless customer support in India

In the end I went for firstdirect who are offering 5% AER (and thats not an introductory rate).

HOLA445

I'm with ICICI.

The problem I had were:

- Took a while to open the account

- takes a while to transfer money (but it does with every bank account)

- website is a bit slow

These problems I will ignore, as you only open the account once. I don't mind delays transfering money, as it is my savings aaccount. Website may be slow, but I don't care much as I only check once a month to see what interest I had.

They are backed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Oh, and they sent me a 'festive greetings' card (which I received today), not a christmas card!!!

Edited by Jason

HOLA446

I'm with ICICI.

The problem I had were:

- Took a while to open the account

- takes a while to transfer money (but it does with every bank account)

- website is a bit slow

These problems I will ignore, as you only open the account once. I don't mind delays transfering money, as it is my savings aaccount. Website may be slow, but I don't care much as I only check once a month to see what interest I had.

They are backed by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Oh, and they sent me a 'festive greetings' card (which I received today), not a christmas card!!!

They do say on their site that the very first transfer will take forever -- 10 days I think? -- then after that just 3 days.

In fact my very first tx never happened but I think that was probably my fault -- one too few clicks on confirmation buttons.

Seems ok now.

HOLA447