House Price Crash Forum

Brexit And N.i.

2buyornot2buy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

"Football, uncertainty under Brexit and our amazingly good weather over the past two weeks have created a break in the usual busy levels of sale expected at this time of year. Ironically, bad weather has the same effect, but all these elements together have created a unique situation in spring 2016." - TR News "Pause Play" - 13th June 2016

and the latest:

"Amid all the doubt, however, is one certainty: the dynamics of supply and demand are unlikely to alter dramatically. People will always need somewhere to live, whether in the European Union or outside it, and Brexit whatever happens, won’t change that." TR News "Exit Strategy" - 28th June 2016

HOLA446

"Football, uncertainty under Brexit and our amazingly good weather over the past two weeks have created a break in the usual busy levels of sale expected at this time of year. Ironically, bad weather has the same effect, but all these elements together have created a unique situation in spring 2016." - TR News "Pause Play" - 13th June 2016

and the latest:

"Amid all the doubt, however, is one certainty: the dynamics of supply and demand are unlikely to alter dramatically. People will always need somewhere to live, whether in the European Union or outside it, and Brexit whatever happens, won’t change that." TR News "Exit Strategy" - 28th June 2016

That really is laugh out loud crap.

HOLA447
HOLA448

It's a crummy looking house for £210K+. Certainly there's worse in the area, but it still looks overpriced to me.

HOLA449

I find it hard to believe that things won't get worse, at least short term. That said, we are looking to buy and there is not exactly a glut of options. One particular option is sufficiently confident to be uninterested in asking price and won't actually state what they would sell for.

HOLA4410

I find it hard to believe that things won't get worse, at least short term. That said, we are looking to buy and there is not exactly a glut of options. One particular option is sufficiently confident to be uninterested in asking price and won't actually state what they would sell for.

Yes there does seem to be a shortage of houses that are in good condition and reasonably nicely decorated.

An awful lot of absolute dross out there. I suspect if things do drop, we'll see an even lower number of houses coming on the market as people wait until they can sell their house 'for what it's worth'.