House Price Crash Forum

Gunmen Open Fire On Tourist Bus At Giza Pyramids

workingpoor

HOLA441

A Cambridge university student has gone missing in Cairo

security forces are searching for him.

Reading this i don't know why people are still visiting the area,

why wasn't it made public that Islamic State had kidnapped and beheaded a tourist on the outskirts of Cairo last year?

Malek Adly, a lawyer following Mr Regeni's case, said it was unclear if there was a political motive for his disappearance.

"We have a precedent. There was a Croatian citizen who was kidnapped and slaughtered." he said.

He added: "We also have precedents where Egyptian security captures people and they disappear."

Islamic State militants kidnapped a Croatian man from the outskirts of Cairo last year and later beheaded him.

http://news.sky.com/story/1634433/fears-for-cambridge-student-missing-in-cairo

HOLA442

Italian Cambridge student's body found dumped in Cairo naked from the waist down an showing signs of torture, cigarette burns, beating, cuts to the ears & stab wounds.

Italian foreign ministry says he suffered a slow death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35490825

Last seen leaving his apartment in the upmaket area of Giza.

Egyptian authorities tried to backtrack and say he was hit by a car, Italians having none of it.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I still think Cairo is relatively safe. I saw pyramids there. Quite nice, but not as amazing as the chimneys at Croydon B power station, now turned into the biggest IKEA in Europe I think. :blink:

HOLA446

I still think Cairo is relatively safe. I saw pyramids there. Quite nice, but not as amazing as the chimneys at Croydon B power station, now turned into the biggest IKEA in Europe I think. :blink:

I wouldn't visit Cairo again. About 10 years ago, I went to Egypt and stayed at a very nice hotel, right across from the pyramids in Giza. Between the hotel and the pyramids there was a police station and what looked like stables for the horses and camels that offer rides to visitors at the pyramids. One afternoon while sitting out on the balcony of our hotel room, the police all came out of the police station and joined in with the camel handlers to beat a man senseless in the middle of the street. It was truly horrific.

HOLA447

I wouldn't visit Cairo again. About 10 years ago, I went to Egypt and stayed at a very nice hotel, right across from the pyramids in Giza. Between the hotel and the pyramids there was a police station and what looked like stables for the horses and camels that offer rides to visitors at the pyramids. One afternoon while sitting out on the balcony of our hotel room, the police all came out of the police station and joined in with the camel handlers to beat a man senseless in the middle of the street. It was truly horrific.

Yes. Maybe it was a camel thief? Who knows what he had done? It sounds like Ireland. Police beat people up in a lot of places. It saves paperwork and wasting court time. I certainly heard some good stories from my "plod" relatives, dispensing justice on the mean streets of Surrey, just after the war stopped.

Archived