House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

I used to look on rightmove for building plots...basically, there were none.

Now, NN1 + 40 miles: 440 listings.

There seems no consistency in the pricing neither.

This sller has a novel plan for selling though....keep putting the price up:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32330145.html

"16/01/2015

Price changed: from '£450,000' to '£475,000'
23/09/2014
Price changed: from '£400,000' to '£450,000'
16/09/2014
Initial entry found."
Still with inflation running at 0.5% that's a bargain.

HOLA442

I gave up looking for plot in Somerset and have bought instead, there's little in it.

So few plots about in such a sparsely populated area. Little old industrial land around here, so were not allowed to build homes.

Pissed me off since there were so many suitable building plots in Ireland at reasonable prices €50k for 1/2 acre.

IMO this is the real housing problem. It's been getting worse since the mod 70's when planning was freely available.

As it happens were moving onto a 0.15 acre plot and at todays prices that would be near 150k! The feckin house is only costing us £209k, so it's not worth building as it's working out cheaper to buy a house built in the 80s.

All because of the residential land bubble we have in the UK. Completely avoidable and deliberate situation caused by various vested interests from the Royal Family, National trust, English heritage, Nimbys and all of their supporters.

HOLA443

I gave up looking for plot in Somerset and have bought instead, there's little in it.

So few plots about in such a sparsely populated area. Little old industrial land around here, so were not allowed to build homes.

Pissed me off since there were so many suitable building plots in Ireland at reasonable prices €50k for 1/2 acre.

IMO this is the real housing problem. It's been getting worse since the mod 70's when planning was freely available.

As it happens were moving onto a 0.15 acre plot and at todays prices that would be near 150k! The feckin house is only costing us £209k, so it's not worth building as it's working out cheaper to buy a house built in the 80s.

All because of the residential land bubble we have in the UK. Completely avoidable and deliberate situation caused by various vested interests from the Royal Family, National trust, English heritage, Nimbys and all of their supporters.

It seems tobe a closed shop here in the UK. The council ( governed by the people for the people, yeah right ) seem to have us all stitched up. It must be a lubricative source of income for them.

The obvious conclusion from this is, the planning laws in the UK are not the problem, it's the concils.