House Price Crash Forum

Exploring The Uk

Steppenpig

HOLA441

And it also assumes that there is a single Cheltenham, I worked with one small quiet lad who moved from 'nam to the smaller quieter Cirencester because he never quite felt safe there.

There's a lot of crime and one big rough council estate. It's not Stockwell or anything and I'd happily live there but IME it's a regular town with a very nice centre, next door is Gloucester, a regular city with a not very nice centre.

It's not a good place to be black!

HOLA442
HOLA443

I will no doubt be flogged for saying this. Somewhere outside London with an Oyster card accepting tube station.

Right! It's a flogging then! And see me after assembly! :huh:

HOLA444

This is probably all a bit vague, but say you'd been living abroad for a few years and planned to return to the uk, but you didn't have any particular links to any particular areas, how would you go about deciding where to settle?

Despite having lived in the north for most of my life I would say if you have a substantial budget I would choose Midlands southwards, mainly for the improved weather.

After that it depends mainly on your job (unless you can work from anywhere) and your interests.

I would quite like to end up in a small coastal town, but that is certainly not for everyone. Think of the sort of size /scale of place you want to live in City / Town / Village / hamlet.

If you let us know (or post on the "10 most desirable things in your perfect city" thread), we could probably give you some much better ideas for a few places to "Premier Inn" in.

HOLA445

We have lovely weather in Gurt Clodney! It's a miracle seeing giant sea whelks the size of a small van come out of the sea, and be absolutely filthy with each other! :wacko:

Archived