House Price Crash Forum

The Homegrown Looney Thread...

justthisbloke

HOLA441

I wrote a post, pressed send and got a message saying "you do not have permission to reply". Er, am I on a list? With HPC or at Cheltenham!?

I see the thread's vanished so maybe someone linked something unwise. Anyway, my post read:

The extremists are Islam's enemies' best ally.

Go back to the 80s/90s. Islam was seriously on the rise. Mosques being built all over Europe. Islamic fighters all over the world. And the "West" (for want of a better term) failed to recognise what was happening. In fact, it was embraced to a degree.

Then came UBL who committed the most monumental strategic f*ck up in history - he declared and launched overt war on the West and the USA. He'd obviously never read a history book. America may well be the fat, dumb Shaitan but when pi55ed off, they have the military resources and the thirst for vengeance that means they won't stop until their enemy's heads are on spikes, their cities razed, and their land salted. From the POV of someone seeking the Caliphate, UBL was a disaster.

Even at the tactical level, the extremists continue to screw things up. The Syrian rebels had a fair degree of support across the world. The European fighters joining them weren't really condemned - Radio 4 had a discussion comparing them with the adventurous idealists who went to Spain in the 30s. But now some lunatic has started chopping off heads, I think any sympathy has pretty much evaporated. Rightly.

What surprises me is that even if strictures of faith make it hard to condemn another Muslim's actions in terms of religion, surely they can be condemned on strategy. Inhuman acts simply will not deliver what they want.

HOLA442

I wrote a post, pressed send and got a message saying "you do not have permission to reply". Er, am I on a list? With HPC or at Cheltenham!?

I see the thread's vanished so maybe someone linked something unwise. Anyway, my post read:

The extremists are Islam's enemies' best ally.

Go back to the 80s/90s. Islam was seriously on the rise. Mosques being built all over Europe. Islamic fighters all over the world. And the "West" (for want of a better term) failed to recognise what was happening. In fact, it was embraced to a degree.

Then came UBL who committed the most monumental strategic f*ck up in history - he declared and launched overt war on the West and the USA. He'd obviously never read a history book. America may well be the fat, dumb Shaitan but when pi55ed off, they have the military resources and the thirst for vengeance that means they won't stop until their enemy's heads are on spikes, their cities razed, and their land salted. From the POV of someone seeking the Caliphate, UBL was a disaster.

Even at the tactical level, the extremists continue to screw things up. The Syrian rebels had a fair degree of support across the world. The European fighters joining them weren't really condemned - Radio 4 had a discussion comparing them with the adventurous idealists who went to Spain in the 30s. But now some lunatic has started chopping off heads, I think any sympathy has pretty much evaporated. Rightly.

What surprises me is that even if strictures of faith make it hard to condemn another Muslim's actions in terms of religion, surely they can be condemned on strategy. Inhuman acts simply will not deliver what they want.

Do you really believe that Bin laden did 9/11?

How did he manage to get 46 drills going? :unsure:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's been deleted :ph34r: has it?

If so I find that astonishing.

You obviously didn't see the posts which were removed by the moderators.

PUBLIC QUESTIONING OF MODERATORS DECISIONS

Whilst we try to be as open as possible in the moderation of the forums, the moderators do not have the time to enter into public debate over the rights and wrongs of every moderating decision. Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted.

Archived