House Price Crash Forum

Pc Comedy Technique To Use Non-Pc Jokes And Get Applauded For It

cica

HOLA441

Can someone tell me if there is a recognised term to describe this kind of comedy?

Bernard Manning is long gone but it is possible to get a laugh and look good at the same time using non-politically correct humour...and many modern comedians use it very successfully.

Raise the topic of horrible non-politically-correct people, and mock them by repeating their jokes and humour. It seems to get a big laugh for 2 reasons, less so, actually mocking the target and more so for reason many people have always laughed at these jokes back in yesteryear.

Not a great example, but what reminded me of it was the clip of Stewart Lee ripping into Jeremy Clarkson by doing impressions of him making fun out of Stephen Gately's suicide (which I don't think he ever did) which got a big laugh from the audience.

HOLA442

Can someone tell me if there is a recognised term to describe this kind of comedy?

Bernard Manning is long gone but it is possible to get a laugh and look good at the same time using non-politically correct humour...and many modern comedians use it very successfully.

Raise the topic of horrible non-politically-correct people, and mock them by repeating their jokes and humour. It seems to get a big laugh for 2 reasons, less so, actually mocking the target and more so for reason many people have always laughed at these jokes back in yesteryear.

Not a great example, but what reminded me of it was the clip of Stewart Lee ripping into Jeremy Clarkson by doing impressions of him making fun out of Stephen Gately's suicide (which I don't think he ever did) which got a big laugh from the audience.

Highlighting the absurd, a well known comedy tool.

Not sure if there's a recognised term though.....

HOLA443

Highlighting the absurd, a well known comedy tool.

Not sure if there's a recognised term though.....

I don't think that's all it is. I'm pretty sure a significant proportion people are also laughing at the "joke" and not the mocking. I could be wrong...but I don't think so.

HOLA444

I don't think that's all it is. I'm pretty sure a significant proportion people are also laughing at the "joke" and not the mocking. I could be wrong...but I don't think so.

I believe it`s the same when people use so called satire...if you take it seriously then you are not intelligent enough...laugh at it and almost anything goes and you are part of the in crowd. :huh: it happens a lot on hpc of course, but if you are not in on the joke then ..well you are not in..I`m sure some people in audiences, especially at the fringe, Edinburgh don`t get it but laugh anyway. B)

HOLA445

Don't watch Stewart Lee he's not for you : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YA5UdVhhsI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

HOLA446

Don't watch Stewart Lee he's not for you : )

I thought the Stephen Gately reference was funny but there would have been outrage if that was "his" joke so instead he attributed it to someone else who never said it which is the interesting part.

HOLA447

I thought the Stephen Gately reference was funny but there would have been outrage if that was "his" joke so instead he attributed it to someone else who never said it which is the interesting part.

The idea is that by parody he demonstrates the stupidity of the "non PC" position and ridicules those who hold the views.

Does watching the clip below lead you to believe he's anti-homosexual and is just trying to hide it in a clever wraper? I don't see that. What I see is a man who likes thinking who is ridiculing those that don't.

Archived