House Price Crash Forum

East Molesey / Hampton Court

KMKM

HOLA441

Hi,

Work in Central London and have always spent time around Central London in my spare time. However would quite like a house, greenery and bit of a village feel, but still close to London.

Anyone got advise regarding the above area. Looks beautiful and far from run-down... but am concerned it is a bit far out from London.

Commuting may be an issue? Would be reliant on Hampton Court to Waterloo it seems, which is still a bit of a trek.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

HOLA442

Personally I like the North East corner of Surrey. Housing is (comparatively) inexpensive and there are very good transport links into town. I was brought up in Carshalton which is very "villagey" but has a fast train to Victoria (20 minutes) or London Bridge. It's full of green space and beautiful park lands but is nestled between Sutton and Croydon for shopping with open countryside ten minutes up the road.

Very beautiful, villagey feel, green space, good shopping nearby and convenient for commuting... what more could you want?

(Am I beginning to sound like an Estate Agent?)

HOLA443

Personally I like the North East corner of Surrey. Housing is (comparatively) inexpensive and there are very good transport links into town. I was brought up in Carshalton which is very "villagey" but has a fast train to Victoria (20 minutes) or London Bridge. It's full of green space and beautiful park lands but is nestled between Sutton and Croydon for shopping with open countryside ten minutes up the road.

Very beautiful, villagey feel, green space, good shopping nearby and convenient for commuting... what more could you want?

Thanks Surrey Girl.

What are your views on East Molesey / Hampton Court?

"Am I beginning to sound like an Estate Agent?" yes :)

HOLA444

Funnily enough just came back from a wonderful lunch at Hampton Court. I live just down the road in Hinchley Wood (Esher)... Hampton Court/East Molesey has everything, Historic, River, shops, cafes, restaurants,pubs, parks and near enough to London. Some great properties but you will definitely pay through the roof to own one.

I have to pass through Hampton Court to get to work every morning and would add that traffic during rush hours can be an issue. Not sure about the train service from Hampton Court into London is that frequent either.

Just like Surrey Girl, we all have our favourite areas.

It really does depend on what you want from life, if you have or plan to have kids, what budget you have, any links to the areas you like,

G`luck in your search.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Good advice and great value area relatively speaking...

As for east molesey... personally would be tempted with Thames ditton in additon. Though the commute may be a pain since you only have one train route so any problem and you're a bit stuffed... if you move further in to surbiton you get almost 3x as many trains

HOLA449