House Price Crash Forum

No Signs Of The Fabled 'spring Bounce' In Ipswich

kev-all-in

HOLA441

Just browsed my usual rightmove search with property bee, and wow - there's loads of tasty reductions in the last couple of weeks.

Searched Ipswich, any property, £325k - £150k, last 14 days, inc sold / under offer.

Nothing had sold, a couple had come back on after falling through recently, and lots had some decent reductions - not just the usual couple of poxy grand, but several had 10% / £20k reductions, in some cases on top of earlier £20k reductions.

Now we're finally getting somewhere!

Is this the start of the next leg down.....

eg.

85796_6652210998_IMG_11_0000_max_620x414.jpg

20 March 2012

Brief Description changed: BLAKE MAYHEW are marketing this UNIQUE 3 Bed semi-detached house. The property is situated on the sought after Christchurch Park area and is adjacent to the Park entrance. Benefits include a brand new kitchen, study , new bathroom suite and is refurbished in our opinion to a very high standard.

Subtitle changed: 3 bedroom semi-detached town house

15 March 2012

Brief Description changed: Blake Mayhew BLAKE MAYHEW are marketing this UNIQUE 3 bedroom Bed semi-detached house. The property is situated on the sought after Christchurch Park area and is adjacent to the Park entrance. Benefits include a brand new kitchen, study , new bathroom suite and is refurbished in our opinion to a very high standard.

Price changed: Guide Price £279,950 £269,950

23 February 2012

Price changed: Guide Price £295,000 £279,950

02 February 2012

Brief Description changed: Blake Mayhew present to the market are marketing this 3/4 3 bedroom semi-detached house. The property is situated on the sought after Christchurch Park area and is adjacent to the Park entrance. Benefits include a brand new kitchen, study , new bathroom suite and is refurbished in our opinion to a very high standard.

Subtitle changed: 4 3 bedroom semi-detached house

27 January 2012

Agents Telephone changed: from '08433155809' to '01473222202'

17 January 2012

Initial entry found.

Gotta love property bee!!

HOLA442

I am starting to see the same thing in the Norfolk Broads area, Large reductions are now happening, "open house" is being used more, and I am even seeing the odd "Must sell" Some areas local to me are seeing a race to the bottom, with some sellers reducing price to undercut others, who are reducing price to undercut etc .

Fingers crossed.

HOLA443

Bugger! - I put a bloody curse on it. :angry: :angry:

Just done the same search and loads have sold!!

Even the dump I posted in the MOPSH thread - FFS! :o

I despair, I really do. :(

Seems like it's full steam ahead for the spring bounce, will it peter out post Olympics??