House Price Crash Forum

Expat Forum Meet November

HOLA441

Seems the expat forum are planning a big meet in November. Why not gatecrash the party, have a civilised debate then cause a rukus? Its virtual world forum war 1 now! Charlie dusty down those old 'Lee-Endfields' and polish your war decorations. Mr Fred to the bunker and get scheming. Dun get your WRAF uniform on... I'm going in. :P

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329732

HOLA442
Seems the expat forum are planning a big meet in November. Why not gatecrash the party, have a civilised debate then cause a rukus? Its virtual world forum war 1 now! Charlie dusty down those old 'Lee-Endfields' and polish your war decorations. Mr Fred to the bunker and get scheming. Dun get your WRAF uniform on... I'm going in. :P

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329732

I'm there. Can we plan it with military precision? I'll take the left flank!

HOLA443
HOLA444

What r we like eh?

Couple near my gaff have had their place up for sale for 12 months now. They had arranged all their visas and sh!t, whatever it takes to go to Oz. Thing is, it was all arranged for start October. House is still up for sale.

They also have a rather nice motor for sale in the drive which I often find the bloke cleaning of a weekend. I considered standing in the driveway looking towards house and car and offering him £50k cash. Delighted we'd shake on the deal as I say "I'll enjoy living here. Oh? You thought I'd pay £50k for the car?" :lol:

HOLA445

I'm there. Can we plan it with military precision? I'll take the left flank!

I am leaving the military planning all in the the capable hands of the supreme HPC strategist Mr Fred who will no doubt take into consideration your brave volunteering to take the left out with some precisely targeted 'Riser Charts'. B)

Edited by shakerbaby

HOLA446

...."ok this is skellon"........

all along the perimeter were flootlights, spike stops, mesh and anti tank barriers. it gave the impression from the royal navys light wasp helicopter 1000ft above, of a prehistoric beast. if anyone thought that was bad, it only got worse. when the distant chop of the fading rotor blades left them alone and painfully slower. 3 miles from the expats forum party and so far - undiscovered. a team of determined, brutal HPC killers. on the move.

checking the equipment offloaded with them, commander shakerbaby RN signalled to the lance jack that all was well and to lead on as planned. he joined the assault platoon in the middle and found his radio man struggling in the sodden ground and an easy catch up to make for a rugged 41 year old commander.

"this is shakers 4445 and its a green green green." is all that went out in the braodcasted blip. the mike handed back and radio battery off. silience from here on in as he made his way up the indian line of blacked, loaded and steely men to the front section. by the time hed made it they were a mile out and into the outer defence layers. the thin red light guided the careful away from the known fixed defences, but there were always mines and mobile patrols to look out for. leaving the dude, saving_for_a_spaceship and george a mile out with the gpmg was excellent insurance and a counter ambush to return to. the expats were seasoned and veterans of both the 81 and 89 campaigns. they would stand if attacked conventionally. shakerbaby knew that. but this pattern was also their folly. he was risking his own and his mens existance on that. all shaker had was experience. decorated at the battle of the barrat bulge and wounded six times with ongoing contact with singing pig rebels in luton. shakerbaby wasnt meant to die. he was meant to do the killing.

.5 mile in and the line grew slower and more cautious. they were now close enough to hear the party inside the expats hq. one slip up here, a mine or even a twig could spell eternity, extreme pain or at the very worse. capture by the expats. at this point in time the line was an oiled machine. a beast. there wasnt much thinking. it could go both ways, so they all learned not to think. just to keep moving and keep your eyes open.

400 yrads. all was good. no sign of expat patrols and now they were sitting well within range of the expat hq. ordering all round defence for 2 minutes to familiarise their position, shakerbaby waited. it was still good. on the flanks were a few trees and open scrub. behind them the 3 mile gully on which they would back track after the job. the dude, saving_for_a_spaceship and george held tight back in the dark. no fire so far. we're ready to go, he muttered to himself.

charlie the tramp' -yes boss.? said corp CT Tramp the pre 1912 mortarman. "set up the 120mm mortars with a 1 coil for 350 yards". within 2 minutes the tubes were set. each man took turns to hand over their own mortar shell to the tramp. to lose the 32lb highly explosive weight was always a relief for a tired grunt, as were the two bandoliers of gpmg ammo they also had to mule 3 miles. these were given to the 3 remaining machine gunner crews. - so this was it. 16 shells. 1 starlighter and 3 7.62 fully automatic general purpose machine guns, set with 3 copper 1 red tracer. locked and loaded. with a wave of his arm, commander shakerbaby had send out the starlight as the signal to attack.

a pop which you felt in your feet through the ground. 10 secs later another pop, only this time high in the sky. the parachute flare lit up the immediate area as well as the expat hq. it was bigger than it looked in the dark. shakerbaby felt exposed. in the light around the hq were the distant grey figures of the enemy. the expats. some ran instantly. some dived low and scrambled for sidearms. less experienced members simply looked up at the flare. an alarm sounded and was straight away drowned out by the sound of 3x automatic machine guns openeing up and 15 small arms pumping into the general melee. pop. pop. pop. 3 more shells came out of the tubes. this time HE (high explosives). in the distance the grey figures were cut down in sparks by the tracer fire. some fell, some ran then fell and some didnt fall at all. some made is as far back as the main buildings, but by then the shells had traversed the air to meet them head on. they simply blew apart like ripped rags. a group were tossed in 3 directions, others dropped injured to the sides only to be hit again by the next one. again more cutting, sweeping machine gun fire. more dead expats. by this time rounds were coming back at them from the dodgy uk splitters. it was time to turn the gpmgs back on the muzzle flashes. ..." 3 more HE at 100 yards" shakerbaby shouted and charlie the tramp set the mortar again. the last three shells went out and were alarmingly close to home at 100yards. this seemed to stop the return fire and the line folded into a fighting retreat back to where they came from and away from the death and the screams of the dying. more secondary explosions and once again over the ringing in the ears,the wail of the alarm.

the assualt was so far going well as they melted into the dark.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA447
HOLA448

...."ok this is skellon"........

I enjoy your posts, but I *really* wish you'd buy a new capslock key! :-)

The capitalised first letter to a sentence is there as protection for those of us who read too fast to see a full stop in time. Without the additional red light of a capital to warn us, we're likely to overshoot the sentence and end up out of mental breath.

And while I'm used to getting breathless while visiting websites, they usually have more pictures than this one. Mind you, Dr.B's graphs can be quite exciting.

Andrew McP

PS I suppose I could read more slowly, but I only have one good eye, so I have to read twice as fast in order to keep up with normal folk.

HOLA449