House Price Crash Forum

Rental Price Query

jimmy

HOLA441

Hi,

Going to look at a house tonight which has a rental price of £650 per month. Its got a huge garden (1/4 acre) and an aga cooker etc. Sounds nice and only a mile from Sheffield town centre.

Thing is I know a couple of friends got the price down to £600 a month but decided to move somewhere else. Looked on the web, I can see it was bought for £185k in May 2003.

What sort of mortgage might that have on it (no idea how much deposit)

Also what do you reckon the best way to go about mentioning the £600 figure might be if he says he'll only take £650?

HOLA442
Hi,

Going to look at a house tonight which has a rental price of £650 per month. Its got a huge garden (1/4 acre) and an aga cooker etc. Sounds nice and only a mile from Sheffield town centre.

Thing is I know a couple of friends got the price down to £600 a month but decided to move somewhere else. Looked on the web, I can see it was bought for £185k in May 2003.

Also what do you reckon the best way to go about mentioning the £600 figure might be if he says he'll only take £650?

Well if your freinds got it down to £600, I reckon the landord would settle for that. Its empty and he is seeing if he can get £650 like most folk would. Is there anybody else on for it ? if not definately offer £600, pretend you have other properties to look at.

HOLA443
Hi,

Hi Jimmy, I know this response is a bit late...but please remember that you only offer what you think the place is worth. I'm sure there is lots available on the market in your area, don't feel pressured to offer what the LL wants....offer what YOU are happy to pay. If he'll take £600, then he'll take £550.

MR B and I made an offer on a property a month ago (asking rental £1975 - ha ha) we offered £1500. LL turned it down, agent on phone today telling me LL desperate, and that he would be prepared to accept the

£1500 - I was very cool about it, but we'll go back on Saturday and have another look and then make an even lower offer......

Even the agent, who originally dismissed my offer as way to low, was grovelling like mad on the phone telling me that the LL had missed the boat as regards a higher price etc etc....lovely it was :lol::lol:

Anyway, good luck.