House Price Crash Forum

Into Thin Air

JustYield

HOLA441
Guest magnoliawalls
I don't think that the banks are trying to create money out of nowhere. They're just trying to get the most "work" out of the money they control (not that I'm justifying this!).

It's how we work out what money is in the economy that's wrong. We're counting the same money a number of times. In the "person B borrows the money..." analogy, it's OK to count the money twice but you should also subtract the debt that person B now owes, thus bringing us back to the same money we had to start with.

In aballance sheet, you don't just ignore the debt so why do it with the economy?

Nicely put. Does anyone disagree?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

magnoliawalls,

not sure i understand why that should matter, the system of FRB and usury is real and in place, you can observe it from any angle you so wish but there it is. or perhaps i did not understand your point clearly enough, forgive me if that is the case

IMO the crux of the matter is, where does the money they control come from, how is it created in the first place, who has the power to coin it, and why is it in private and not public hands ? money is the life blood of the economy and it should be controlled by the state, not by private individuals. why is this not so.

why is every country on the planet (inc the most rich and powerful), in debt to the tune of millions and billions ? who are they in debt to ?

is the borrower not the slave of the lender ?

HOLA443
The problem is that people are too stupid to work as a team and make the world better for everyone.

That's just a meaningless throwaway line which like many slogan-like statements does not bear analysis.

In fact virtually everything you see around you is the product of cooperative human endeavour. Is the computer you sit and type at not a marvellous example of teamwork? How many people worked together to generate the electricity you use?

And the magical glue that makes otherwise fractious, selfish, diverse and different humans become more than the sum of their parts? Perhaps you could suggest what that is.

HOLA444
That's just a meaningless throwaway line which like many slogan-like statements does not bear analysis.

In fact virtually everything you see around you is the product of cooperative human endeavour. Is the computer you sit and type at not a marvellous example of teamwork? How many people worked together to generate the electricity you use?

And the magical glue that makes otherwise fractious, selfish, diverse and different humans become more than the sum of their parts? Perhaps you could suggest what that is.

Dear Bored,

When you are not spouting about how bloody marvellous the Scots are, you do speak a lot of sense! :D Of course a computer is a massively integrated piece of kit that in turn is the product of literally thousands and thousands of people working together - I find the modern economy (or aspects of it anyway) truely startling sometimes, and money (or the promise of it) is indeed the glue that brings this cooperation into effect.

However, this does not really have any bearing on the fact that private banks get to create money from nowhere, and the fact that they do is not some sort of precondition to having an advanced economy. How can you possibly say this when it has never been attempted?

The world is becoming increasingly owned by the banks...Tuberider just asked who we are all in debt to. It is the banks of course. When they are the overwhelming source of money in the economy it is hardly surprising.

Please, please, please take the time to look at the reality of the situation: the sole purpose of money is provide a common, stable means of exchange to allow an economy to move beyond barter. Because it is a tool of society, society as a whole (i.e. the government) should be the ones who supply it....sensibly, impartially and realistically (not sure exactly how yet but I am researching some ideas that have been put forward - could just be through the government printing money to pay for public works). Instead for some strange, strange reason money supply has been handed over to private banks, AND THE ONLY WAY THAT IT IS SUPPLIED IS AS DEBT. No wonder debt just keeps getting higher and higher!

Why has society chosen to supply money to the economy in the form of debt to a particular small, increasingly rich, class (i.e. bankers)?

Look at it for what it is: SLAVERY.

Everybody gets to work for the bankers. They just supply money to the economy and then we all work for them. Fundamentally, that's what happens!

Result: they shuffle a few numbers on a screen and thereby lay claim to an increasingly large part of the production of the economy. That is IT.

This is patently absurd. It benefits no-one but the the bankers, who increasingly own the world.

Just sneering at people who argue against it doesn't make us wrong.

Look at it for what it is. I know it is unsettling...we always like to think that modernity has set us free from sh1t like this....unfortunately there is something spectacularly rotten at the centre of the financial system, and it works against virtually everyone.