House Price Crash Forum

Deflation My ****...

Spot

HOLA441

I need a new freezer.

Did some research on the internet and found a few I liked the look of and trundled of to check them out at the local Currys on Monday evening.

Found one that seemed like it would fit the bill nicely and the price was good but decided to do a bit more research and sleep on the decision.

Went back to buy it tonight and the price has gone up (since Monday) by £ 50 !!!

Fekkers.

Needless to say I didn't buy it.

All the other freezers i'd had a look at too appear to have had price rises slapped on them.

Arses and deflation go together like a horse and carriage.

HOLA442

Popped to the local Shell Petrol station today to use the compressed air pump as I noticed one of my tyres was looking a bit flat.

At some point in the last few weeks the gits have replaced the old air pump and water tap and replaced it with a shiny monolith that you now have to pay in order to get air or water.

10p for 2 mins, 50p for 5 mins, etc... Only it kept rejecting my 10p's so was forced into the 50p option.

Tiny, but just one more little thing to eat my money.

Also, i've been trying to buy some Winter tyres. The particular brand i've been trying to get hold of has gone up by nearly £20 a tyre in the last few weeks....

I sympathise about the tyres, but the air pump complaint is a bit silly - that's at most £6 a year you'll have to spend. BTW waiting till the tyre looks a bit flat is a great way of wasting money, under-pressurised tyres get chewed up by the road very quickly.

Anyway - UK inflation as measured in prices for on-line shopping ... 0.47%, lowest in the world + downward trending. But Argentina is fupped:

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/11/inflation-not-according-to-a-billion-prices/

HOLA443
HOLA444