House Price Crash Forum
Spot

Deflation My ****...

I need a new freezer.

Did some research on the internet and found a few I liked the look of and trundled of to check them out at the local Currys on Monday evening.

Found one that seemed like it would fit the bill nicely and the price was good but decided to do a bit more research and sleep on the decision.

Went back to buy it tonight and the price has gone up (since Monday) by £ 50 !!!

Fekkers.

Needless to say I didn't buy it.

All the other freezers i'd had a look at too appear to have had price rises slapped on them.

Speaking of arses deflating:

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/video/youtube/search/farting/video/O3ejlkzDCuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The inescapable conclusion is that everything that has inflated eventually deflates. The massive bubble econmies have nowhere else to go.

the economies might have nowhere to go in terms of real growth. that don't stop nominal.

I need a new freezer.

Did some research on the internet and found a few I liked the look of and trundled of to check them out at the local Currys on Monday evening.

Found one that seemed like it would fit the bill nicely and the price was good but decided to do a bit more research and sleep on the decision.

Went back to buy it tonight and the price has gone up (since Monday) by £ 50 !!!

Fekkers.

All the other freezers i'd had a look at too appear to have had price rises slapped on them.

thanks for sharing your pointless, irrelavent anecdote.

We should all base future decisions based on this startling news from the frontline.

too much of the tennats eh

Inflation is about to get worse. Welcome to the era of stagflation.

I am fed up with BoE continue to give hint to expand the purchase of government bond without borrowing, namely quantitative easing, (aka. Printing money). Our currency will continue to weaken if these morons were not stopped. The problem with our economy is not going to be sorted by diluting the value of our currency in circulation and handing all these ‘newly created’ money to banks and hedge funds managers.

Oil is getting more and more expensive as it is also becoming more and more difficult to find. We have a rising food and commonalities prices i.e. rare metal.

There is a great danger that the BoE will push through another quantitative easing before Jan. 2011. This is because if they were going to do it, they need to act fast before the VAT increase to 20%. By that time, our inflation figure will only look worse and they will find it difficult to initiate it.

We need to act now to prevent the bank from stealing our hard earned saving and continue to lower our standard of living. I propose we all sign a petition to number 10 to stop the morons in the MPC.

Do you hear the people sing?

Singing a song of angry men?

It is the music of a people

Who will not be slaves again!

When the beating of your heart

Echoes the beating of the drums

There is a life about to start

When tomorrow comes!

COMBEFERRE

Will you join in our crusade?

Who will be strong and stand with me?

Beyond the barricade

Is there a world you long to see?

Courfeyrac:

Then join in the fight

That will give you the right to be free!

Edited by Gary Wonka

... I propose we all sign a petition to number 10 to stop the morons in the MPC.

ROTFLMAO.

BoE gives money to Dave's banker chums and you think a few oiks signing a bit of paper will change his mind?

There's your deflation. Were you going to buy on credit?

No, I have cash.

I took my money elsewhere and bought a different freezer.

No, I have cash.

I took my money elsewhere and bought a different freezer.

Here's another pointless, irrelavent anecdote from the frontline...

A couple of weeks ago i'd put a bunch of items in the "save for later" section in Amazon.

Logged onto my account today and I got a message informing me EVERYTHING i'd saved for later has now gone up in price.

I need a new freezer.

Fekkers.

I don't understand why FF have gone up in price.

It used to be possible to buy a branded (standard) FF for 199 and when I looked last weekend even the "no name" one was 239. And this is over a period where branded washing machines and dishwashers have come down in price from about 399 to 199.

Why is it that FFs haven't shown a similar decrease in prices?

tim

I need a new freezer.

Fekkers.

I need a house

Did some research on the internet and found a few I liked the look of and trundled off to check them out with the local estate agent on Monday evening.

Phoned up to put in an offer tonight and the price has gone up (since Monday) by £ 5000 !!!

Fekkers.

Clearly HPI will go on forever

Edited by FaFa!

I need a new freezer.

Fekkers.

Hmmm, the cynic in me is feeling it's coming up to Christmas. The shops like big sales, if your going to have a sale item hasn't it got to have been offered at a higher price for something like 28 days? So the best way to have a sale without actually having a sale is to ramp up the price by say £50 the month before then you can have a big sign in the window declaring at least £50 off all freezers. Jobs a good'un. I'm sure this of course never happens.

Remember the January sales are looming.

Two gay astronomers staring into the cosmos; one says "See that, love, that's Uranus, that is" pointing at Jupiter. Other says "Uranus? My ****!"

I'll get me coat.

Hmmm, the cynic in me is feeling it's coming up to Christmas. The shops like big sales, if your going to have a sale item hasn't it got to have been offered at a higher price for something like 28 days? So the best way to have a sale without actually having a sale is to ramp up the price by say £50 the month before then you can have a big sign in the window declaring at least £50 off all freezers. Jobs a good'un. I'm sure this of course never happens.

Oldest%20fridge%20photo.jpg

Good point.

But do people buy fridge freezers for christmas?

Bought same pair or walking outdoor boots as I do every year about 30% rise year on year.

Good point.

Bought same pair or walking outdoor boots as I do every year about 30% rise year on year.

Does it matter, all what the shop is interested is the amount off in the adverts.

More banal news from the frontline...

Badly in need of a sugar boost I visited the vending machine of unhealthy snacks at work to find all the prices (crisps, chocolate bars, etc) have risen by a minimum of 5p.

The shops push the envelope.

These days I constantly see electrical goods tried on at a new higher price only to be dropped back down again a few weeks later and sometimes back lower than to start with. Price hikes often don't stick.

And I imagine they also work on the basis of trying to confuse and panic the potential buyer.

Mind you I don't think Currys are great value so I rarely look in there. Usually when I have compared their prices they haven't seemed best value.

Edited by billybong

Good point.

Wait until January sales "We pay your VAT" ;)

More banal news from the frontline...

Badly in need of a sugar boost I visited the vending machine of unhealthy snacks at work to find all the prices (crisps, chocolate bars, etc) have risen by a minimum of 5p.

That most usual they usually reduce the weight...the price stays the same so that less is not more....think of the calorific savings. ;)

I need a new freezer.

Fekkers.

Well that's me convinced! In a similar vein I bought an egg sandwich and a coffee on Friday and it cost me £7.82!

Okay it was a service stn but with a VAT increase in the New Year I forsee CPI of 5% by the summer.

Well that's me convinced! In a similar vein I bought an egg sandwich and a coffee on Friday and it cost me £7.82!

Okay it was a service stn but with a VAT increase in the New Year I forsee CPI of 5% by the summer.

That's when they'll magically introduce CPIY (CPI excluding the effect of taxes) as the reference figure.

If you ate an egg sandwich from a service station, I would expect you to have reached stage 3 of your signature by now. :blink:

Popped to the local Shell Petrol station today to use the compressed air pump as I noticed one of my tyres was looking a bit flat.

At some point in the last few weeks the gits have replaced the old air pump and water tap and replaced it with a shiny monolith that you now have to pay in order to get air or water.

10p for 2 mins, 50p for 5 mins, etc... Only it kept rejecting my 10p's so was forced into the 50p option.

Tiny, but just one more little thing to eat my money.

Also, i've been trying to buy some Winter tyres. The particular brand i've been trying to get hold of has gone up by nearly £20 a tyre in the last few weeks....